New to the hobby, just wanted to say hello

Carbon

Elemental Madness
May I make another suggestion Aces; Get a good simulator. I use PheonixRC but there are tons out there. You can practice during the winter months. Sadly, you picked the wrong time to start! It's going to be raining soon. I suggest scratch-building with your extra time. Or working hard to save up for next spring!

motoringmaniac

I have the bixler 2 it is big and it is slower but not grandma slow. v2 has flap upgrade included which adds a nice element. Slower may be better at the moment and man is this thing forgiving. you can fly around for 20 min on a 2200 battery no trouble if you mange your throttle. You can always slap a bigger motor in it later to spunk her up. Truthfully which ever you chose is basically based on price and if you want flaps because they are both awesome planes.

Aces_High

May I make another suggestion Aces; Get a good simulator. I use PheonixRC but there are tons out there. You can practice during the winter months. Sadly, you picked the wrong time to start! It's going to be raining soon. I suggest scratch-building with your extra time. Or working hard to save up for next spring!

Luckily theres a park down the road from my house that's a nice natural shelter. It doesn't get too windy there. Plus the way the mountains and hills are shaped around the town, most of the bad weather goes around us. It's weird, it'll be snowing everywhere else, but here.

I do plan on doing some scratch building over the winter though. I'd like to try making a biplane, maybe just as a silhouette for now.

Derail

I to am new to the hobby. Last month I got a Firebird Stratos and had taken it out a few days later. Its a great flying aircraft but I had problems landing namely orientation and pilot error. Safely to say the durability is amazing reattach the wing a new battery and off again. My only regret is I don't have more time to fly so have fun.