New to the hobby

Hello flight test gang! Hello I am new to the site and the hobby I have been wanting to get into the hobby for some time but haven't due to expense, intimidation, and lack of knowledge. but due to Flite Test videos I am now into the hobby and today was my first Maiden flight of the Ft Ripslinger it flew so beautifully and perfect. I am now hooked for life just wanted to say thank you to you guys mainly Josh,Josh, Peter, Alex, Chad and I'm sure I missed a few but thank you all I am in the Hobby and would love to see you at flight Fest sometime in the future I live in Tulsa Oklahoma and would love to come to Ohio so just know it is because of flight test I'm in the hobby now. God bless and thank you

kacknor

Build another!
Welcome to the addiction! I was new about two years ago and it's great fun! Build, Fly, Crash, Repair, Fly some more. Repeat for... ever. ;) (The crashing part becomes less frequent).

JD

Thanks!!!!! We have just returned from the local Rc airshow at Tulsa Glue Dobbers air field and had a blast. Loved it so much. Cant wait for my next build and flight.

My ft ripslinger

Love this plane

Attachments

• IMG_20160625_101724.jpg
    IMG_20160625_101724.jpg
    821.9 KB · Views: 0

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Welcome to the nut house... kidding of course. If you are looking for something to just putz around with and just goof off, may I suggest the FT Flyer. Its a perfect basher and its one sheet of foam. Other then that, try the ft delta. That is a fun little plane as well.

Thank-you crash, I will I'm really trying to get my boys 10 and 13 into the hobby as well and learn together.i flew.again today and it went great .I only had time for 2 batteries but it was so much fun.

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Your boys will love the FT Flyer. You can even let them draw on it before you glue it together so they each have their own plane.

Ive built 2 mini mustangs but I haven't tried them out yet. I don't think ready for those yet. They seem like they would be fast.

Attachments

• IMG_20160526_212113.jpg
    IMG_20160526_212113.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

CrashRecovery

Mentor
Great idea! Sounds like a great way to get them involved.thank you. What's your favorite scratch build from ft?

My favorite to fly is the FT-22. Another super simple build. I have had the best luck with that design. I always get it to fly, I always have fun flying it and it looks good flying.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Your Riplinger looks great. My granddaughter wants a Dusty Crophopper with pontoons. I need to get her flying with something a little easier while I work on it..

Welcome to the forum.

kacknor

Build another!
Piece of advice. It's free, and unsolicited, so possibly it's worth is already set. ;) Whatever you build, start with something that flies slowly and easy with minimal skills needed. The Mustang is very cool, and the Arrow is popular. Both however are fast and a bit of a handful unless you have some experience. The Storch is very popular but is possibly easier to fly than it is to build. I spent a few months believing I would never learn to fly as I repaired the damage and tried again. After giving up and finding something else to learn on I moved on. The next year I tried it again and discovered it was a bad plane/build and not me! I simply didn't yet know how to tell the difference.

Keep it simple for success.

Just sayin'

JD

Thanks! And Great advice. I'm definitely starting my boys off on a slow flyer. I personally am loving the ripslinger. The thing fly's it's self.lol