New to the R/C world

juxsa

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I am a newb to R/C and saw David W's Warehouse tricopter video and became obsessed a few months ago. Finally finished building the FPVmanuals Tricopter although I used most of what David recomended such as the DT750 motors and the HKKK2.1 flight board. Decided to go with the Turnigy 25amp Basic ESCs though if I decided to upgrade to bigger motors later. Also am using the Turnigy 9X radio. Holy hell there is a learning curve to this stuff though. I am lucky that I found a guy who lives in the same town to give me a hand with my tricopter though.

Anyway I love the flitetest video's. I used to be big into video production and who ever does the editing does a great job.

earthsciteach

Welcome! Wow! You jumped right into the RC thing. Building a tricopter as your introduction to RC is one hell of a hill to climb! Best of luck with it.

juxsa

haha yeah it looked so damn easy on David's Videos... I was able to get the thing to fly for a few seconds before I lost control of it and crashed it today. Nothin broke thankfully. I figure once I get a handle on this and I can control it and fly it for more than 5 min with out crashing I may consider upgrading to a better flight controller. Quadrino or that ardu mega flight controller are very interesting

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Welcome to the forum jusxa....You have bitten off a big lump by going straight into a build so best of luck to you... The 9x is a good radio and I am only just learning all of its capabilities myself by setting up a helicopter....do u have a flight sim...they are invaluable......so keep us posted on your progress ..piccies and video is always good...keep flying

juxsa

well had a gnarly crash yesterday. Busted the Yaw (i guess its yaw, its the rudder arm) arm and just now fixed it up. Its pretty hard controling the thing. I am pretty sure I have everything setup correctly though. I am wondering if I should sink the money into a fancier flight controller like a quadrino zoom or something. I have seen some video of quads flying those and they look pretty good. Since I dont currently care about stunt flying and just want to use it for aerial photography I may need a board that does more of the flying for me...