New Tri Build, Feedback would be great

LacrosseFever18

New Tri Build Log, Feedback would be great

Im starting my first tricopter build, well actually my first r/c build and I`m doing this thread so that if I make a mistake maybe someone can help!:confused:
Here is my list of parts:

Frame: Bat Bone Tri 370 Kit
Flight Control Board: Hobbyking KK2.0 Multi-rotor
Motors: Turnigy Park300 Brushless Outrunner 1380kv
Props: 8045 SF Props 2pc Standard Rotation/2 pc RH Rotation (Red)
ESC: TURNIGY Plush 18amp Speed Controller
Servo: TGY-211DMH Metal gear Coreless Digital Servo w/ Heat Sink 2.3kg / .10sec / 16g
Battery: Turnigy nano-tech 2200mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack
Module: OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 2.4Ghz Transmitter Module (JR/Turnigy compatible)
Transmitter: Turnigy 9XR Transmitter Mode 2 (No Module)
Reciever: OrangeRx R615 Spektrum/JR DSM2 Compatible 6Ch 2.4Ghz Receiver

Batbone Frame.JPG
The frame arrived, all parts are there!

BUILD START.JPG
Starting the build

BUILT FRAME.JPG
Frame put together very easily. Not a lot of effort to mark and drill booms

FRAME WITH BOOM.JPG
frame with front two booms, looking good:cool:

MOTOR MOUNT.JPG
Motor mount put together

SWIVEL MISTAKE.JPG
Accidentally screwed it in sideways, mount isn't attached at one end, not a big deal

SWIVEL MOUNT SIDE.JPG
Finished swivel mount, had a very hard time putting the rod through the two pieces, ended up drilling larger holes.

IMG_2731.JPG
Final product looks awesome

IMG_2738[1].jpg
Went to a hobby shop for the first time, really cool experience, overpriced but cant blame them, bought some wires and zip-ties for the Bat

Well, that's it for now, waiting on my electronics. Thanks for reading:)

Last edited:

earthsciteach

I would go for a higher C rating on the battery. I fly with a Turnigy Nanotech 2200, 3s, 45-90C battery. Other than that, your list looks good to me. Be sure to get the USBasp flash tool to update the KK2 to the latest firmware.

LacrosseFever18

Hey thanks for the quick reply! I wasn't that sure on what I was doing when I ordered, wait I still don't :p. I will order a higher C battery next time, what will happen if i stick with the current C rating?

earthsciteach

You may find that it doesn't last very long due to pulling more current than it can safely provide. Don't sweat it - fly it and have fun! They will make more batteries.

Mustang7302

Good selection of parts there. Keep the weight down on it and it will have enough power to get your hooked.

My only suggestion is to order an extra set of motor mounts and procure .5" square dowels from the hardware store for replacement frame parts in the event of crashes (they will happen).

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Yes they are pretty intuitive. Chad has done a great job making it very easy to assemble and just work the way they are supposed to. I'm glad you got it sorted out!