New Tundra rates and expo?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Don't have any pics I'm afraid but I do have video of the unscheduled disassembly (this is after we almost had a head on around the 2 minute mark too lol)...

What you can't see is the left wing had a huge chunk out of it (where it hit the cable) and is snapped just passed the spar end, the fuse is cut off at the leading edge, and again about four inches forward of the tail it's cut, the other wing was broken too, but all glued back together, all the damage bar the dent in the wing strut and chunk out the wing was done when it hit the ground.

As you can also see from the thumbnail, I had pulled the landing gear and the foam around it out the previous week too.

It's quiet a place where we fly, you don't take anything you are fond of as chances are it won't be going home in one piece.
Oh boy! Cool view

whackflyer

Master member
So the other day, I had my elevator turned up to 150% practicing Draco-esque tail-drag landings. (I know, not a good idea). I was banking and yanking pretty hard and applied too much elevator because I had it turned up, and it induced a snap roll sort of thing. I instinctively pulled up harder on the elevator to gain some altitude, which just made the roll worse. By then it wasn't recoverable and she went in at about a 45* angle I'd say. While the wreckage was still moving, I saw the nose snap off and the tail come loose. I walked over to the wreckage and the nose was hanging by the motor wires, and the tail hanging by the pushrods. The right wing mount came out of the foam and the wing was rotated upside down. I took it in and over the last few days I repaired it and this morning, she conquered the forces of gravity once again! I didn't weigh it when I got it, but now after the repairs it weighs 2.27 lbs without the battery. Therefor my landing rolls are longer than before but it still flies like a creampuff! Lovin it! Happy Flying!!!:cool:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
So the other day, I had my elevator turned up to 150% practicing Draco-esque tail-drag landings. (I know, not a good idea). I was banking and yanking pretty hard and applied too much elevator because I had it turned up, and it induced a snap roll sort of thing. I instinctively pulled up harder on the elevator to gain some altitude, which just made the roll worse. By then it wasn't recoverable and she went in at about a 45* angle I'd say. While the wreckage was still moving, I saw the nose snap off and the tail come loose. I walked over to the wreckage and the nose was hanging by the motor wires, and the tail hanging by the pushrods. The right wing mount came out of the foam and the wing was rotated upside down. I took it in and over the last few days I repaired it and this morning, she conquered the forces of gravity once again! I didn't weigh it when I got it, but now after the repairs it weighs 2.27 lbs without the battery. Therefor my landing rolls are longer than before but it still flies like a creampuff! Lovin it! Happy Flying!!!:cool:
Too bad about the crash, but awesome that you were able to fix it. The tundra lives...

IanSR

That sounds familar, luckily my weight didn't increase much, I used gorilla glue and two 3mm Carbon rods chopped in half to reglue the nose on and just gorilla glue for the tail (identical damage to yours), the only disappointing thing is the skin now looks like a spotty teenager with rough skin, but you can't see it when it's in the air lol.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I’m kinda disappointed I can’t find a a tundra for sale except on HobbyKing where the shipping is 2/3 the peace of the plane... is there some way I can sign up for an alert when it comes in stock at the US warehouse?

IanSR

They used to let you signup for alerts didn't they? Try adding ?whr_pdp= to the url with the number that corresponds to the us warehouse on, I don't know what it is being in the eu but find a product that has stock from global and us and change the warehouse location and take a note of what changes in the url, then go back to the tundra page and add it to its urf and see if you can trick it into giving you an alert signup for the us warehouse.

I've done this a couple times for other stuff, but it only works sometimes.

whackflyer

Master member
I’m kinda disappointed I can’t find a a tundra for sale except on HobbyKing where the shipping is 2/3 the peace of the plane... is there some way I can sign up for an alert when it comes in stock at the US warehouse?
I think there used to be, not sure why there's not now... I just wanted one so bad that I checked H-king every couple days till they came in stock and grabbed one. Be sure to get it as soon as you can after they come in stock because they sell out quick every time.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
They used to let you signup for alerts didn't they? Try adding ?whr_pdp= to the url with the number that corresponds to the us warehouse on, I don't know what it is being in the eu but find a product that has stock from global and us and change the warehouse location and take a note of what changes in the url, then go back to the tundra page and add it to its urf and see if you can trick it into giving you an alert signup for the us warehouse.

I've done this a couple times for other stuff, but it only works sometimes.
I’ll give that a shot. Thanks

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I think there used to be, not sure why there's not now... I just wanted one so bad that I checked H-king every couple days till they came in stock and grabbed one. Be sure to get it as soon as you can after they come in stock because they sell out quick every time.
Alrighty. Tundra is my top choice, but I can’t get it and I all of a sudden need a bush plane, I’ll probably go for the timber x

whackflyer

Master member
I did some really fishy things today with tundy, such as landing in the yard towards pine trees, with the approach between a electrical pole and trees, in 20 mph wind. Then, taxi crosswind and takeoff crosswind because it's the only way out. Fun, exihilarating, and sketchy...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I did some really fishy things today with tundy, such as landing in the yard towards pine trees, with the approach between a electrical pole and trees, in 20 mph wind. Then, taxi crosswind and takeoff crosswind because it's the only way out. Fun, exihilarating, and sketchy...
Awesome...

IanSR

Sound like our usual Sunday flying field lol.

Surrounded by Trees - check
Power lines through middle - check
Horses - check
Dogs - check
Big house one end of runway - check
Barb wires fence the other, on a short runway about 50m long - check

As I said, we don't take anything we're fond of to this place lol