New Twin Warbird

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
plug the RX's throttle channel into the mixer's elevator input and the RX's rudder into the rudder input.

When the throttle is at minimum, both outputs from the mixer go to minimum, when the throttle goes to maximum, both outputs go to maximum. When the rudder is slipped left and right the outputs are adjusted up/down in opposition to each other -- there's your differential.

If you plug everything in and your motor differential runs opposite of the rudder, swap the two outputs.

*BE ADVISED* your motors *CAN* kick on with throttle at minimum but rudder off-center. it's probably best to burn the DX6i's two mixes to cancel out the throttle and rudder, assigned to the same switch as a safety.

That's great Dan, thank you for the explanation :) I'll let you know how it goes if I use this method.

Bambua

First off great looking model and I loved the FPV flight :)

I'm curious how you did your motor nacelles. I'm tossing around some ideas in my head for a twin warbird and just looking for ideas on cleaning up that area rather then just having a power pod hanging there. Thanks in advance!

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
First off great looking model and I loved the FPV flight :)

I'm curious how you did your motor nacelles. I'm tossing around some ideas in my head for a twin warbird and just looking for ideas on cleaning up that area rather then just having a power pod hanging there. Thanks in advance!

Hey man, thanks for that, I appreciate it.

Basically I just designed a sort of custom box shape that could hold the battery inside, with a plywood firewall on the front, the esc on the top, and room for me to make a curvy card shroud that covers it and the motor.

Hope that helps. :)

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
Had a bad day:

Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 22.55.56.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 22.57.36.png

Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 22.57.54.png

I was flying FPV over a field and something went wrong. I lost signal. It seemed to come back but I had then dipped too far below trees, loosing most of my video signal. Will overloading ECS's cause loss of signal temporarily? I think it may just have been a problem of loss of signal but it could have been something to do with ESC overheating.

But do not fear - The Twin Warbird will be reborn!

Last edited:

Povvercrazy

Ouch, if you servos etc are drawing to much power for the bec in yr receiver it will cause the receiver to reset, hence loss of signal, then it regains connection, had that problem with an rc car 2 Amp bec but the digital servo would for some reason need more than that and kill the receiver temporarily, if you running yr fpv gear off the receiver that wont help either.
good luck with the rebuild its a really nice bird.

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
Ouch, if you servos etc are drawing to much power for the bec in yr receiver it will cause the receiver to reset, hence loss of signal, then it regains connection, had that problem with an rc car 2 Amp bec but the digital servo would for some reason need more than that and kill the receiver temporarily, if you running yr fpv gear off the receiver that wont help either.
good luck with the rebuild its a really nice bird.

Hmm that might be it. I'm going to buy two new 40Amp speed controllers. I wasn't running the FPV TX off the main batteries but maybe the motors were drawing too much power on their own.

Cheers for the advice!