NEW VENDOR FOR PARTS

bkwflash

I DONT WANT TO BE A DOUCH BUT I NEED ANOTHER PLACE TO BUY BESIDE HOBBY KING DO YOU GUYS KNOW OF A GOOD PLACE WITH CHEAP ITEMS? THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SHIT AND I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE. PLEASE ADVISE.......

tramsgar

Cheap means China, and China means Hong Kong (in this case), and that means your order will be thrown on top of Mt. Carton whatever vendor you use. At least HK admits they are having big trouble. (And local warehouses don't work either, I've been waiting for delivery from the EU warehouse for just about a month now.)

earthsciteach

bkwflash - Where are you located and what sort of parts are you looking for? There are vendors online meeting both your wants.

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
I have to agree with all the responses so far. Because of the prices, I am willing to accept the customer service. I go into each order expecting a problem of some sort. If there is no problem, and I get my items in a reasonable amount of time, it's a plus. What I do to compensate, is stock up on certain items. Again, because of the low prices, I can afford to do so. I know we all can't afford to do that, but the bottom line is; HK helps make the hobby affordable to many of us who, may not have been able to afford it otherwise. Sorry you are having a bad experience. I just had an issue with an order from another vendor. Ordered some props (3 different sizes) along with some other items. They screwed up the specific numbers I requested for certain sizes. To avoid the hassle of shipping them back to China, I accepted the discount they offered on my next order ($5). Placed the next order, which "shipped" on 24 or 27 September (both dates are listed as the shipping date). Since then I've been checking the tracking number, which still doesn't work. Found out that last night (after emailing them about 4 days ago), that they never shipped the order. Actually they didn't even come out and say that. They just asked me if I wanted them to resend it (which would imply it had been shipped before). Since the tracking number never actually ever worked, I assume it was never shipped. Since I still want the items, and they are at such a great price it's worth it to me, even with the hiccups. Don't get me wrong, I know that still doesn't make it any less frustrating.

iCrash

I've had some recent problems with HK too. I'm seriously considering never buying from them again.

For a lot of my parts I buy from Heads Up Hobby. They have good prices, however their customer service is excellent. They respond quick, ship quick, and great shipping costs.

Good luck.

Johan

I
For a lot of my parts I buy from Heads Up Hobby. They have good prices, however their customer service is excellent. They respond quick, ship quick, and great shipping costs.
Good luck.

Indeed that is great for US and Canada residents, but some of us are located elsewhere and for example Heads Up Hobby does not ship outside US/Canada.

You can't help that, I know :), we (non US/CA residents) will just have to deal with HK unless we also find a nice local dealer..
In my country (Netherlands) the majority of shops stock up on RTF/ARF/BNF kits and don't stock a lot of parts (they probably "backorder" those on HK, LOL)

PS, balsa is also hard to fine, let alone foam board (at least the useful kind)

Last edited:

tramsgar

I've had some recent problems with HK too. I'm seriously considering never buying from them again.

Me too, and I try to be as vocal about it as I can without being annoying =). I am currently challenging them to live up to the service they brag about. Low prices and no service is only acceptable unless you actually state you'll give great service. Picky about honesty. Then again, this is a great opportunity to explore alternative vendors.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I thought about never using Hobby King again, but then I realized that I'm broke so I have to either put up with their crap or not fly. I feel like the people that keep returning to the NEAT Fair. (Too soon?)

www.amazon.com actually has some RC parts. It can be a pain to actually find/search for them, it costs a little more than Hobby King, and pretty much everything is all sold by third party vendors. But at least it's not Hobby King.

Wait, is $90 (with "free shipping") cheap for a Hobby Zone Champ? http://www.amazon.com/Hobby-Zone-Ch..._1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382017464&sr=8-1&keywords=RTF That sounds a little below average, but not much.

bkwflash

THANKS ALL, I KNOW YOU CANT HAVE BOTH. AND ITS PROBLY MOSTLY ME. WHEN I GET EXITED ABOUT SOMETHING I CANT WAIT TO GET IT AND START FLYING. I WISH I WERE MORE CHILL ABOUT STUFF BUT I JUST CANT HELP IT. WHEN I CALL HORIZON I HAVE IT IN 3 DAYS. AND I DID INFACT FIND THAT MY LOCAL HOBBY STORE IS REALLY CLOSE TO THE ONLINE PRICES SO I DO PURCHASE FROM THERE. ITS JUST HK HAS GREAT STUFF I LOVE IT. JUST HATE THE PROCESS OF GETTING IT. ITS ALWAYS BACKORDER OR SOMETHING SLOWING ME DOWN. IT GETS VERY AGGRIVATING. BUT IM A POOR GUY SO ILL JUST HAVE TO DEAL.

earthsciteach

If you are in the US, try these vendors:
headsuphobby.com - my favorite
graysonhobby.com
amainhobbies.com
valuehobby.com

They won't have the selection of aircraft that HK does, but they have great prices and great service, particularly Heads Up.

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
+1 for Hobby Partz. Good prices and fast shipping. Free shipping if you spend $100 or more.