new website design

west5500

I used to design websites. I like yours a lot. If I still designed websites, I would rip off some of your design ideas. I like the fonts that look hand-written, the wrinkled paper pad look, the tabs at the top looking like they were torn from a note pad. Not to mention, your content is terrific. Great job.

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
I like the overall look and design.

I do NOT like how you're presenting your videos. I liked the old site where I could hit it a couple times a week...and the new video was right there...top left. I look at the site now...and I have no idea where the new videos are posted.

My $0.02 worth.

I agree Eric. We'll make an adjustment within the next couple of weeks that will make our episodes easier to find and navigate.

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
Thanks for all the great input guys!

We have been working very hard on this site. The magic has yet to happen. For this new site to fully function it will require that the users BUILD and RATE articles. By rating the articles it brings the best ones to the top. Please dig through a bit and rate the article honestly. This will help your fellow flyer!

The site will continue to evolve over time. Your input is welcome.

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
Need more detail...

Chad,
Can you do an old man a favor and elaborate just a bit on the whole "Authors" concept as it pertains to the new webpage design. I must be coming down with a case of didn't-pay-attention-itis or something, bacause it just ain't clickn' for me. Thanks...

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Chad,
Can you do an old man a favor and elaborate just a bit on the whole "Authors" concept as it pertains to the new webpage design. I must be coming down with a case of didn't-pay-attention-itis or something, bacause it just ain't clickn' for me. Thanks...

I think the point is that people (you) write an article about something you would like to share. But unlike the forum, you try your best to do it nicely. You put a lot of effort in it. So in the future, when someone looks for information on a subject, they will find your article and learn from it instead of having to ask on a forum.

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
That's what I was thinking it was but I clicked on a few of the "articles" and all it did was take me to a video of one the Flitetest episodes. So, I got a little confused as to the Authors copncept. Now that I am 50 yrs old, sometimes I don't think so good no more! :confused:
Thanks for the info, Colorex

DejaD

ARG=almost ready to glue
Well, I guess if I would have waited about half an hour I could have had it all explained to me in the new episode....

Thanks