Newbie Compatibility Question

iQuak

Hi Everyone! I just ordered my first swapable kit and I have an Exceed RC 2.4Ghz 6 Channel Radio Control Spread Transmitter w/ LCD Monitor. Will this work with the receivers on the swapable list?

If I left anything out and more information is needed please let me know. I'm excited to get working on this!

iQuak

I have
2x #T500.3S.20/9275 Turnigy 500mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack
4x #HXT900/662 HXT900 9g / 1.6kg / .12sec Micro Servo
Suppo 18A Brushless ESC Suppo 18A ESC
Suppo SP-90 9g Micro Servo Suppo SP-90
Suppo 2208/14 1450kv Brushless Motor (Park 370 equiv.) Suppo 2208/14

Return? Do you have a receiver for that transmitter? If so you don't need to buy another one. But if you don't have a receiver or want an extra one, get this one:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=8440&aff=524347

What things do you have?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I have
2x #T500.3S.20/9275 Turnigy 500mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack
4x #HXT900/662 HXT900 9g / 1.6kg / .12sec Micro Servo
Suppo 18A Brushless ESC Suppo 18A ESC
Suppo SP-90 9g Micro Servo Suppo SP-90
Suppo 2208/14 1450kv Brushless Motor (Park 370 equiv.) Suppo 2208/14

Do you have a receiver?

iQuak

ah ok cool, thank you so much! Could I still use the same transmitter I have if I bought the appropriate receiver for it?

Last edited:

iQuak

Thank you so much! I just didn't know if the Receiver and Transmitter would affect any of the other components I had. I've had some issues with the Hobby place in the UK and wanted to avoid ordering from them again.

Thanks again!
Yes! That is what this is all about!

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Thank you so much! I just didn't know if the Receiver and Transmitter would affect any of the other components I had. I've had some issues with the Hobby place in the UK and wanted to avoid ordering from them again.

Thanks again!

No problem! Any servo should work with any receiver. So far it's standard.

The compatibility issues are between Tx and Rx, your Tx will not work with every Rx, only the same brand and model. In your case the HobbyKing Receiver is a clone of the Exceed Receiver so even if the brands are different they are actually the same.

earthsciteach

Yes, you can use the transmitter with multiple receivers (as long as they are compatible). You will have to bind each receiver to the transmitter so they can communicate. Hopefully the transmitter has directions to do that. If not, hit up the internet for instructions. I did a quick search but didn't have much luck.