Newbie FPV Challenge!

mayan

Legendary member
OK so let make this short and straight to the point. Recently I purchased a FPV camera. Being cheap I didn't get any FPV googles with it and hooked it up to record to an SD card the footage was amazing and the experience got me even more so interested in trying FPV. Although I am afraid to get dizzy, lose orientation, and possibly crash into something that I shouldn't and wouldn't have flying line of sight. From here to there recently my wife surprised me and purchased the FPV googles I had on the cart because they were on a Black Friday discount, so you know what should and will happen as soon as they arrive. I'll going to figure out how and challenge myself to fly FPV. I have no clue how to set anything up, and welcome you all to learn with me as well as join the challenge; challenging yourself to learn and fly FPV.

This is currently what I have in terms of gear.
TURBOWING TX1769 5.8G 25/200mW Video Transmitter Module + CYCLOPS V3 TV17621 720P DVR Camera for FPV Racing Drone
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/41ZBVrfS

Eachine VR005 2.7 Inch 960*240 5.8G 48CH FPV Goggles Raceband Auto-Search With Dual Antennas 3.7V 1000mAh Battery For RC Drone
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/Ooo9Usda

And honestly I am not even sure they will work together :p. If any one knows let me know :).

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I have a friend who does fpv and he smoked his quad and bought a new one, so I’m hoping I can slap his old fpv gear on my viggen!

mayan

Legendary member
I have a friend who does fpv and he smoked his quad and bought a new one, so I’m hoping I can slap his old fpv gear on my viggen!
@The Hangar, thanks for reminding me! I forgot to mention that this challenge is open on any model you'd like FT designed or anything else; what ever makes you wanna fly FPV. I know the FT Goblin gave me that last push off the hill.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
FPV brings a whole new level to flying. Specially once you get to the point you can hit gaps or do all the normal tricks and not crash. Then the rush changes from nerves and oh crap to WAHOOOO!!!!!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Hmm, it's been over a year since I've flown FPV, I still have all my gear, I got tired of breaking all the antennas on my cameras, so I took a break. I need to find an airframe that protects the antennae in a crash...
Can I join, pretty please? Even though I already know FPV.

mayan

Legendary member
Hmm, it's been over a year since I've flown FPV, I still have all my gear, I got tired of breaking all the antennas on my cameras, so I took a break. I need to find an airframe that protects the antennae in a crash...
Yes you can my dear friend :).

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!

Thats why I went back to using dipole antennas on my quads. I would kill 3 or 4 antennas a month when I was learning to fly thru gates catching the top parts and ripping them off. Planes will be a different as they would require a tad more power then I run because I dont go no further then I feel like walking after I crash. Which is usually no more then 100 ft or so.