Newbie / FT Corsair Master Series build

Bigeard

Hello All from the UK ,
Just introducing myself , I came across your site after viewing the build video for the FT Corsair MS series . I will admit that I am a total newbie as far as attempting to build these type of models but on and off over the last 64 years I have made quite a number of plastic model kits an also scratch built a lovely 3ft 6" sailing boat which can be easily converted to RC . Anyway after building an Airfix model Corsair as a kid , I was always fascinated by its lines and shape and now that I have spare time on my hands and always looking for a new project , I fancy the challenge of this particular model build . I am in no particular rush but I must admit to liking the idea of a built in solid landing gear and would be open to any advice given here regarding how if at all this would affect the flying capabilities of this model and indeed how and where to fix it whilst under construction . I would also appreciate any advice regarding which primers and gloss paints to use as a brush on project and as a final thought to actually give it a coat or two of clear varnish yo add a little more strength , ( or would this add too much weight to the model which would affect flying ?
Finally. I really like he look of the colour schemes from WW2 , but I would really like to take a little artistic licence and choose a civilian colour scheme used in display purposes (any ideas) ?
Thanks in anticipation guys for any help offered .
M

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Here are a couple of different color schemes, cannot help with the landing gear but I am sure it has been done.
1637769493485.png

1637769552847.png

Bigeard

Hello Ratcheeroo , thanks for your very prompt reply . I must admit to liking both those particular colour schemes especially the bottom one as in my mind I actually had either a cream coloured bodywork with orange / red decalsor hand painted detailing or alternatively a cream and pale blue but that is something to consider after finishing the build . As a matter of interest would you advocate painting the main sections fist before assembling wings/ tail section to main body etc ?
Thanks
M

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Hello Ratcheeroo , thanks for your very prompt reply . I must admit to liking both those particular colour schemes especially the bottom one as in my mind I actually had either a cream coloured bodywork with orange / red decalsor hand painted detailing or alternatively a cream and pale blue but that is something to consider after finishing the build . As a matter of interest would you advocate painting the main sections fist before assembling wings/ tail section to main body etc ?
Thanks
M
That would be how I would approach that color scheme. Good luck with the build, I have built one of these so if I can offer assistance please feel free to pick my brains. Here is a pic of the one I built covered and detailed with vinyl

1637772755761.png

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Thanks
M
Also here is a video I watched that gave me a few ideas for mods and finishing the plane.