Newbie having servo problems

Sparky-fly

I’m trying to get my first build going and I can’t get my servos to respond.
I’m using a Flysky FS-I6 transmitter, a FS-I6B 6 channel receiver. My servos are Flite-test FT9Gs. I can get my motor to respond nicely on channel 3, but my servos plugged into ports 1, 2, and 4 are not responding.
I’m not sure what to do.
Thanks!

Off-topic jes

Elite member
I’m trying to get my first build going and I can’t get my servos to respond.
I’m using a Flysky FS-I6 transmitter, a FS-I6B 6 channel receiver. My servos are Flite-test FT9Gs. I can get my motor to respond nicely on channel 3, but my servos plugged into ports 1, 2, and 4 are not responding.
I’m not sure what to do.
Thanks!
Sounds like you’ve got your self into a tricky situation are the servos new? I’m assuming so. If you’re using a fly sky maybe go onto your Settings and see if you can do anything there with activating servos on channels 1.2.3.4✌️

Sparky-fly

Thanks! When I go to the display screen which shows channels 1-6, when I move the control sticks, I can see the response on each channel and it appears to be responding okay. I tried plugging a servo into port #3 which is working fine controlling my ESC, but it doesn’t make my servo move.
Are Flite-test servos compatible with the output from Flysky receivers ?

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Thanks! When I go to the display screen which shows channels 1-6, when I move the control sticks, I can see the response on each channel and it appears to be responding okay. I tried plugging a servo into port #3 which is working fine controlling my ESC, but it doesn’t make my servo move.
I would think so don’t have a fly sky I have a spectrum and a radio link I don’t know why they shouldn’t be

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
are the leads plugged in the right way? the yellow or white or orange wire should be to the left, black or brown to the right, channel 3 will only work for your ESC.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
are the leads plugged in the right way? the yellow or white or orange wire should be to the left, black or brown to the right, channel 3 will only work for your ESC.
Go to System settings and go to Type Select and check to see if Airplane/Glider is selected, if not use the up or down arrow to find it then press and hold the Cancel key for a few seconds to save it

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
Yeah we for sure need pics of it, until then don’t power it up as I think I know your problem, is the red connector from the esc plugged in? If so un plug it and try with new servos

Sparky-fly

875D42E3-7C7F-44F8-9D5B-4A23CCA70943.jpeg
875D42E3-7C7F-44F8-9D5B-4A23CCA70943.jpeg

Sparky-fly

Oops, got two pics. I did go into settings and it is set for airplane/glider. In the picture I have the ESC plugged into port 3 the battery power from the ESC plugged into port B/VCC, and a new servo plugged into port 1.
I’m wondering if I need digital servos instead of analog
Thanks for your help!

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Oops, got two pics. I did go into settings and it is set for airplane/glider. In the picture I have the ESC plugged into port 3 the battery power from the ESC plugged into port B/VCC, and a new servo plugged into port 1.
I’m wondering if I need digital servos instead of analog
Thanks for your help!
Anytime man we’re all very excited to help newbies on these forms you’ll find that everyone on here is very welcoming and kind especially these guys😊

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
You plugged in the battery voltage connector in your receiver, the servos can't handle more than 5 to 6 volts, if your lipo has more than 2 cells you probably fried your servos, receiver and/or the BEC.
I would say that is the most likely explanation LOL. @Sparky-fly you don't power the receiver that way, receiver gets its power through channel 3 and your ESC. If you wanted to power lights or a camera for instance you would use that port where you have the power lead plugged into to do that.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Bummer! Thanks for that info, I would have fried my new servos too!
I missed that in the YouTube videos I have been looking at.
No problem. So the channels on your receiver are : 1 - Ailerons, 2- Elevator, 3- Throttle, 4- Rudder, the rest are up to you as to what they will be used for. Didn't know if you had that info. I have a FS-i6x so feel free to pick my brains on any questions/problems you might have with it.

Sparky-fly

So there’s enough voltage going through the throttle connection to power the servos as well.
They must not take much power.
I really appreciate your offer to pick your brain on other questions I might have, I will probably take you up on that. Thanks again!