Newbie here with a question about the FT Versa Wing

Flynn

Hi guys! I've flow heli's for a couple of years and I've been watching Flitetest for about a year. I've built and flown the Baby Blender (Love it BTW) and I just built the Versa Wing. I have a question. Mine has a slight dihedral to it. Will that be bad to fly?

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
No It might even give it just a bit of self righting. Not much, so I wouldn't count on it to get you out of a jam, but it won't hurt any...

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Unless you plan on flying inverted, a little dihedral can be a good thing. I wouldn't worry about it. Just know that your next Versa Wing may be harder to get back to level.

Hi guys! I've flow heli's for a couple of years and I've been watching Flitetest for about a year. I've built and flown the Baby Blender (Love it BTW) and I just built the Versa Wing. I have a question. Mine has a slight dihedral to it. Will that be bad to fly?

My first versa wing has dihedral to it. During flight, when performing slow horizontal turns, it has a slight yaw rocking motion; BUT I don't know for certain if that is due to dihedral. Otherwise, it flies fine.

I am currently building a second wing; with NO dihedral. I have not finished building it, so I personally have not experienced the difference in flight.

By the way, if you haven't seen the thread yet, there is a formal "FT Versa Wing - Build" thread at the following location:

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?5096-FT-Versa-Wing-BUILD

People post their pictures/stories/etc on that thread. It's cool. Enjoy.