Newbie looking for bipe plans

bananasplit_00

Hi! Was a huge flite test fan back in like 2015 and I have always wanted to build an RC airplane. Recently got gifted a 2204 size 2400KV BLDC and 30A ESC and just the other day got most of a sheet of 5mm black depron and thought maybe now was the time?

My only experience flying an airplane is with a crappy 2-ch thing and that's maybe 15 years ago now so I'd want something easy to fly, preferably very slow. I really want a biplane too just because I really like them(and they should also maneuver well at low speed as I understand it?).

I have a lot of experience building electronics, 3D printing and so on but not so much with foam board. Will also need to get a radio and receiver, any low budget recommendations are very welcome!

Tldr:
Looking for suitable plans for a small, beginner friendly biplane(optional) that can be made from most of a 1*0.7 meter 5mm depron sheet.

Shurik-1960

Attachments

• DSC00045.JPG
    DSC00045.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Welcome! You'll have fun with foam board. My experience with FB biplanes is that they are not as easy to fly as a tiny trainer of explorer (either of which is a great first plane). Surprisingly I think the DR1 triplane is easier to fly than the SE5 biplane. Don't know why but the SE5 is twitchier.

bananasplit_00

Welcome! You'll have fun with foam board. My experience with FB biplanes is that they are not as easy to fly as a tiny trainer of explorer (either of which is a great first plane). Surprisingly I think the DR1 triplane is easier to fly than the SE5 biplane. Don't know why but the SE5 is twitchier.
I was looking at those and thought they looked a little big, at least too big for the amount of foam board I have on hand right now :) they look well dimensioned for my hardware though. After some further thinking I belive a 20"/50cm wingspan would be ideal for me and my space
I got this radio for my budget radio gear: I havent used it yet, but it comes well recommended by some. Set up seems easy enough, I'll let you know if I have issues with it once I fly the baron I'm using it with.

Thanks for the recommendation!