Attachments

• IMG_2960.JPG
    IMG_2960.JPG
    705.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2961.JPG
    IMG_2961.JPG
    903.9 KB · Views: 0

kdobson83

What slicing software are you using? What kind of filament are you using? What are your print settings? All information needed to figure out your issue. I have an ender 3 and most of my issues have been my settings in the slicer program. I did have one issue with bolts put on from the factory that were loose creating a bed leveling headache. The bar that has the extruder on it was loose. I would level the bed the first print would be ok but the next print would look horrible, causing me to level bed after every print. Started checking screws/bolts and found a few loose. Tightened up and issue fixed.

Triple check print settings, double check that all bolts/screws are tight, bed leveled, moving parts free.

Headbang

Master member
In order for anyone to help, more info would be needed. Type and brand of filament, nozzle temp, print settings, ect

Wildthing

Legendary member
Settings are 99% of the issues but even once you have the perfect print and then you change the filament (new roll) it will need adjustments again. Different brands of plastic are not necessarily the same and don't print the same, also depending on your climate humidity will affect the filament.

brucedog

I'm using Cura 4.0 for my slicing, nozzle is a 0.4 which is heated to 185 and the bed is heated to 60. The filament is 1.75mm rock space.

Attachments

• Ender3Settings_renameto_curaprofile.txt
    1 KB · Views: 0

Kendalf

It looks like you are printing the clip "standing up", and that appears to be causing the filament at the top of the clip to sag. If you print it vertically you need to print support to hold the clip up. In the Thingiverse link, the designer recommended printing it on the side so you don't need support.

brucedog

It looks like you are printing the clip "standing up", and that appears to be causing the filament at the top of the clip to sag. If you print it vertically you need to print support to hold the clip up. In the Thingiverse link, the designer recommended printing it on the side so you don't need support.

Thanks I printed it on the side and it turned out great. Thanks again.