Solved Newbie needs advice on Aura 5

Torontosaurus

Hi. I have a Simple Scout using a Spektrum AR610 receiver and a DX6e transmitter but know absolutely nothing about the hobby but what little I can piece together on my own (very little). Want to add an Aura 5 lite to help me learn to fly but none of the info I can find about it is simplistic enough for me to understand whether my receiver will work with it or even how to hook it up. The tx set-up part in the release video is all I could follow. I need all the help I can get cuz I suck at flying so far.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
your receiver needs to support serial communication (based on what I saw in the Aura 5 light video), someone who can answer your question will need to know what the receiver model is to be able to tell if it supports serial communication.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
is your plane hand toss stable? / how is your CG?
Do you have it in the 3Channel or 4Channel build configuration?

Torontosaurus

your receiver needs to support serial communication (based on what I saw in the Aura 5 light video), someone who can answer your question will need to know what the receiver model is to be able to tell if it supports serial communication.
Not sure about serial communication or how you tell. I'll start looking stuff up I guess.

Torontosaurus

is your plane hand toss stable? / how is your CG?
Do you have it in the 3Channel or 4Channel build configuration?

My plane is okay. 4 channel with landing gear. I'm just very very new and have limited opportunity to practice due to fairly regular high winds during my free time. Though a stabilizing system might help but the available information for the Aura 5 lite seems to assume a lot of prior knowledge and I'm lost.

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
check your PM's I sent you links to..... how to install videos.... of the Kopilot for fixed wings...no computer apps required its plug and play

as well as stabilization, launch assist, it has a GPS & return to home feature that can be considered an oh $h*t button to get out of trouble
$45 but great insurance

Torontosaurus

The Aura 5 works with receivers normally used on racing quads.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ABV7K5A/?tag=lstir-20
This receiver is a little expensive, but it'll plug right into the Aura 5. A lot of quad guys solder up their own receiver connections, so if your into that thing, you can get a receiver for less.
So if I've got regular Spektrum receivers for park fliers like the AR610 (came with my DX6e) or new AR620 6 channel am I out of luck here?

Bricks

Master member
There are many flight stabilizers out there that do not need a serial port and will work with any radio system.