Newbie, pioneer flights pics and videos

T-Richard

Hi guys,

Wanted to share a few of my first flights. Just got into the hobby maybe 2 months ago, love the scratchbuilding. I built an ft Nutball first. I was excited to see it fly but it was pretty awful, looks great in pictures but flew poorly and broke pretty quickly.
1074869_10151485476691595_989906226_o.jpg 1078984_10151485476516595_841799490_o.jpg

I moved on to a delta which gave 2 good flights and then died; too heavy, not enough power >landing always on the motor>.
1078798_10151485477481595_950285305_o.jpg 1073301_10151485476901595_1720281634_o.jpg

I finally became lucky with my Nube toob. The armin airfoil gave it good lift and it flew very well. I've since built a few more as I kept crashing. love the noob tube, will try to always have one functional in the trunk at all times.
This is not a maiden but a good flight on a non windy day which is very rare for me.

And finally, the Axon. I had ordered the electronics and had been waiting on them for a while, when I finally finished it, I was not thrilled with my build but all that stopped after the below maiden flight. It/s a great flying airplane. most have 20 flights on it and not a scratch. probably should have started with this one

Wanted to share,

thanks to Ed from Experimental Airlines and flitetest for getting me into the hobby. lots more coming soon

Richard

RoyBro

Mentor
You're not the first to find out that the Nutball isn't the best first plane to fly. It is a good first plane to build, however. I'm still planning on building an Axon.

Good job on not giving up.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
A four channel plane with a high wing is always a great starting point. I've had my best luck with a four channel that I built/designed myself. It was a little rough not having any dihedral, but I felt like I had more control over it with all four channels.

T-Richard

You're not the first to find out that the Nutball isn't the best first plane to fly. It is a good first plane to build, however. I'm still planning on building an Axon.

Good job on not giving up.

It's too bad, I think it needs dead calm and more flying skill than I had at the time. Easy easy build tho.

I really recommend the axon, definitely the right plane for a beginner but also versatile, will likely use it for fpv eventually. Very encouraged by that one. the noob tube is fun too, just a little crazy, probably my fault , i get confident then try things and tip stall. luckly it's easy to fix and build so it'll be part of the fleet.

T-Richard

A four channel plane with a high wing is always a great starting point. I've had my best luck with a four channel that I built/designed myself. It was a little rough not having any dihedral, but I felt like I had more control over it with all four channels.

The axon is great, i was thinking of putting polyhedral or dihedral when i built it but instead built the wing at 60 inches, that slows the roll and makes it pretty easy to fly. I am thinking of making a slight dihedral for the noob tube tho

JasonEricAnderson

Awesome job. My first was a nutball and it didn't end well at all. I switched to the FT Flyer and had a much better time with it. I'm looking forward to maidening my FT-Bat delta soon. Based on what you've said I'm going to make sure I have my landing gear on.