• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Newbie Question(s)

RoyBro

Mentor
Time to check allI your connections and solder joints. Do you have a multimeter with which to check?

Most electronics from hk don't come with connectors so I assume that you had to solder them yourself.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Can you post up some pictures of your gear? It might help us with diagnosing your troubles.
Two things I can say that will cause a shorted lipo are exposed connections and polarity trouble, as in connecting positive to negative. I'd check those first.

Cheers everybody. I am hoping to get a spare moment tomorrow so I will try and get some pictures up.

I have soldered them all my self and I think they are ok. I have wrapped them in electrical tape as my heat shrink has not arrived. My connectors for the LIPO are jst and seemed fine - I'll try and get some up tomorrow.

Thank you very much !

RoyBro

Mentor
You might try something called liquid electrical tape. You can get it at Walmart for around $7 a bottle. I use it when I forgot to slip the heat shrink on the wire before soldering the connector. It is also good for coating odd shaped connections like "Y" or four-way.

I have heard of these but haven't come across it yet for a decent price...i'm over in the UK.

I think I found the reason...and it's a proper newbie mistake! I had the wires going into the battery the wrong way round. The red was going into the black wire of the esc. I won't be making that mistake again.

Whilst I wait for the replacement parts I shall start on my micro swappable and hope that I don't make too many newbie donts!

I have heard of these but haven't come across it yet for a decent price...i'm over in the UK.

I think I found the reason...and it's a proper newbie mistake! I had the wires going into the battery the wrong way round. The red was going into the black wire of the esc. I won't be making that mistake again.

Whilst I wait for the replacement parts I shall start on my micro swappable and hope that I don't make too many newbie donts!

quorneng

neiltmorris
Glad you found the fault!
And don't do it on a high power set up or you will get more than a puffed LiPo!

Last edited: