Newbie question

Dinos

Hey there,

i recently bought a bixler.I tried to assemble it today but i have a problem.When i connect my 1.3 3s battery to my 35A ESC i don't get the beap.
I conected the ESC to the 2nd channel on my receiver (i think is the throttle..all the other cables have numbers)
Can someone help me?

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
What receiver is it?
It is possible to plug the servos and or the throttle cable into the receiver incorrectly.
On most Spektrum receivers, the ground wire goes toward the back or bottom of the receiver. On the servo plug the black or brown wire is usually ground.
Can you post a close up pic?

Dinos

It is a HobbyKing 6 channel receiver..
i am on the go therefore i cannot add pictures at the moment.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
No problem.
With that receiver just make sure your servo and throttle plugs are oriented so that that ground wire is at the bottom of the receiver (away from the antenna)

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Agreed, the easiest thing to get wrong is the plugs on those receivers. Brown or black wire (depending on servos) towards the bottom away from the writing. Plug your servo's in and see if they work.

Dinos

I changed the orientation and now when i plug the battery the servos make a move at start but still no beeping from the ESC

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Do you have control of the servos? Start there because that's the easiest thing to figure out. Once you have power to the receiver and control of the servos, then you can start figuring out the ESC.

Which exact rx and servos and esc do you have? Either links to the ones you bought or pictures of your setup would make this a whole lot easier.

Dinos

I don't know why but now i plugged the battery again to test the servos and everything is fine!
Thank everyone for the help!

Sorry...I should have expanded on my first reply to include that if the motor is not hooked up you would not hear any beeps. That's all.

Glad to see that it is working for you now though. Weird how these electronics have a mind of their own sometimes huh. I guess that be the gremlins at work :)

Last edited: