Newbie question

Hawk

Right now I am building a quadcopter using the KK2 board. I am experiencing issues with roll and pitch. Motors 2/3 are not speeding up when I apply elevator or aileron but they do speed up when I apply rudder. Also, 1/4 spin faster than motors 2/3 causing it to roll right. As soon as throttle is increased above 1/2, motors 2/3 start to react to elevator and aileron. Do any of you know how to fix this?

earthsciteach

All I can say is welcome to the forum! I have a KK2 on the way which is for my first multi-rotor build. No doubt some of these multi-rotor techno types on here can give you an answer.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Right now I am building a quadcopter using the KK2 board. I am experiencing issues with roll and pitch. Motors 2/3 are not speeding up when I apply elevator or aileron but they do speed up when I apply rudder. Also, 1/4 spin faster than motors 2/3 causing it to roll right. As soon as throttle is increased above 1/2, motors 2/3 start to react to elevator and aileron. Do any of you know how to fix this?

The three things that come to mind is that the board is not facing the correct direction for "front". You don't have the right configuration set (x vs +). Or that the wires are not connected in the right ports.

Hawk

Thanks but it still has the same problem. I double checked my motor layout and the orrientation of the quad.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I'll be getting a KK2 board fairly soon too. Until then, I'm just guessing.

If I was experiencing these issues, I'd start by re-flashing the board, making sure all of those settings were correct.

Since you have the KK2, you might not have the flashing tool to do this with though.

Hawk

I'm using the hobbyking 30a ubec esc's and i couldn't find a way to calibrate them. all i could do was adjust the settings.

Hawk

UPDATE
I reset the kk2 board and it seems to be working much better. I'm going to test it in a bigger space now.

aiidanwings

My experience with the kk2 boards has been that they need regular re-tuning and a quality transmitter. Be absolutely sure the board is level to the quad, front is front, and sensors are calibrated. Take your time calibrating the esc's, and dont hesitate to recalibrate them. I am very skeptical of the favorable reviews of this board as it seems to need constant adjustment. Good luck.