Newbie questions, anyone up for the challenge ? :)

Spalxy

A lot of time passed, so this is a really old post now, however i gained some knowledge ... i learned that i dont know how to fly a quad ... so i crashed my quad a few weeks later on its third flight ... and crashed it badly
2012-05-05 12.44.22.jpg

So, i gave it some time and just recently i decided to rebuild the quad ... i lost the frame, battery and props, the motors, escs, transmitter and control board look fine, so i'll give them a try again.
Now, i need some help from you guys, when i was flying the quad, i noticed a lot of lag from moving the stick to having the quad react to that command, is that something related to transmitter/receiver settings or is it possible, that my escs are not good for flying quads ? I need to know that before i start placing orders. What frame would you recommend as well ?
In case you didnt read the beginning of this thread (has blown up a bit), my motors are Turnigy D2830-11 (1000kv), the ESCs are the HK 30A UBEC ( PRODUCT ID: F-30A ), HK 2.1 control board and the Turnigy 9x TR/RX ...

As i havent ordered a new battery yet, i dont know if the motors still run or if they are too badly out of balance, hence if that is the case, would you recommend different motors ?

Thanks in advance.