Newbie questions

Mammon

I want to get into flying warbirds but im kinda broke, I know about fms but i like bigger warbirds. So far I have flow the champ and a texan, what would be a good warbird thats semi easy to fly, is big-ish and is under 150$ (i have batteries and radio systems)

kacknor

Build another!
Do not wish to discourage, but you need more airtime. Build the FT Spitfire and fly that until destruction. Build and fly the FT Mustang and Corsair. They aren't real big, but teach flying skills that you will require for the bigger more easy and costly to crash things that come later.

Then... Find an RC swapers day, RC flea market close to you and bring money. ;) I was at one in Dayton last weekend and those guys were clearing out the garage for more and selling air frames at very reasonable prices. The auction after was a like stealing.

JD

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Do not wish to discourage, but you need more airtime. Build the FT Spitfire and fly that until destruction. Build and fly the FT Mustang and Corsair. They aren't real big, but teach flying skills that you will require for the bigger more easy and costly to crash things that come later.

Then... Find an RC swapers day, RC flea market close to you and bring money. ;) I was at one in Dayton last weekend and those guys were clearing out the garage for more and selling air frames at very reasonable prices. The auction after was a like stealing.

JD

SPOT ON!!!!!

The spitfire, mustang and even the Me109 are simple to build and fly great. They are easy to fly for a novice, (with a little EXPO) and are large enough to be capable of easy landings in most circumstances.

From there if your skills are up to it you could try building the warbird minis which require a slightly higher level of skill but a good fun!

Most clubs have members who retire and get rid of aircraft from time to time and normally for a song so I recommend you find and join your local RC club and attend often to get noticed, plus let others there know that you are looking for retired planes to fly. Here I retire about 1 plane every week, normally for free.

While doing all of that put an AD in the "Wanted" thread and see if you gat any responses!