Newbie to the forum

Grandpa Dave

Hello everyone. I'm new here. And wanted to share my Love of Flite Test aircraft with everyone else. I also am also returning to the hobby after 30 plus years after running across Flite Test on YouTube. I am on a fixed income and have been buying all my supplies a piece at a time. Last parts needed for flight arriving on the 9th from FT. Can't wait.
1551806921615-1305713021.jpg

FastCrash45

Elite member
Hello everyone. I'm new here. And wanted to share my Love of Flite Test aircraft with everyone else. I also am also returning to the hobby after 30 plus years after running across Flite Test on YouTube. I am on a fixed income and have been buying all my supplies a piece at a time. Last parts needed for flight arriving on the 9th from FT. Can't wait. View attachment 125734
Welcome to the aero jungle😎 May your flights be long and all your landings soft

FastCrash45

Elite member
Hello everyone. I'm new here. And wanted to share my Love of Flite Test aircraft with everyone else. I also am also returning to the hobby after 30 plus years after running across Flite Test on YouTube. I am on a fixed income and have been buying all my supplies a piece at a time. Last parts needed for flight arriving on the 9th from FT. Can't wait. View attachment 125734
Yep, the fixed income makes patience a necessity. I'm on a fixed income too but that makes my wishlist grow so no one will have a problem with gift selections at Christmas and birthdays!! Luckily I saved a lot of radio gear and speed controls from previous flight days 😎

FastCrash45

Elite member
Yep, the fixed income makes patience a necessity. I'm on a fixed income too but that makes my wishlist grow so no one will have a problem with gift selections at Christmas and birthdays!! Luckily I saved a lot of radio gear and speed controls from previous flight days 😎
Nice looking planes too!

Grandpa Dave

Yes I have been lucky enough to have been gifted some items from a member of a FB group I belong to ( Friends of Flite Test ) soo ready to maiden my FT Cub. Scratch building is much cheaper. I just tried building the FT 540 and am going to have to start over. Having lots of fitment issues very disappointed in myself. Must have gotten sloppy on plan cutout. Oh well it's just 6 dollars of foam board LOL. Have a great day.

Grandpa Dave

Awesome, another scratch builder! The only plane I have that's not a scratch build is the Seaduck. All my builds are in my signature.
The main reason I scratch build is cost. I am on a fixed income and can't afford speed build kits. But an saving to get Edge 540 I tried scratch building but had a lot of fitment issues. Probably due to my plan cutout or layout. Might try again but would like to try the speed build on that one.

Grandpa Dave

Yeah don't be hard on yourself...the Edge is a pretty complex build. Errors and issues will happen with any of these builds. Big props to anyone doing that as a scratch build. It's on my list too but I'm not in a big hurry for it.
Glad it was only 6 dollars of foam board and a couple of glue sticks. LOL l still think I'll get the speed build kit and trace it onto dollar tree foam board and build that and save the kit for later.