Newbie with questions.

TommyH.

New to Flite test and foam. Been a long time Stick and tissue free flight rubber guy. Started as a kid with grandpa na dnever quit. Trying to get started in RC. Built the TIny Trainer but have not got it in the air yet b/c of binding issues. ITs okay though. I think I like building more than flying anyway. hahaha

I ordered a st of the ez gliders to make with a few of my science students. May try to have the whole group do them. That would get expensive quick and I don't trust most 6th graders with a knife. I will probably do an afterschool club and have them order their own to build. Thoughts?

As far as RC goes, what do you recommended for my next build? I am thinking 3 channel still but not interested in the swapable yet as I want to start building a stable of elcetronics ect.

Foamforce

I ordered a st of the ez gliders to make with a few of my science students. May try to have the whole group do them. That would get expensive quick and I don't trust most 6th graders with a knife. I will probably do an afterschool club and have them order their own to build. Thoughts?

Have you seen the 40 and 80 packs of gliders? Those are as cheap as $1.31 per glider they’re pre-cut.

https://store.flitetest.com/ft-chuck-glider-class-starter-kit/

In terms of a small RC to get started, the Tiny Trainer is the perennial favorite small starter plane. It doesn’t get much easier except if you go down to the 2 channel ez planes. FWIW, don’t worry about a plane being swappable. It doesn’t really add any complexity and makes assembly and changing batteries easier. Many people never actually end up swapping between planes anyways.

What’s your binding issue?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums. +1 on the TT.

As far as the next plane, the simple cub, ft explorer and the sparrow are all great planes, especially if you enjoy the build. For a first plane, the TT is hard to beat, when you can fly it inverted across the field, you will be ready for nearly any other plane.

TommyH.

Have you seen the 40 and 80 packs of gliders? Those are as cheap as $1.31 per glider they’re pre-cut.

https://store.flitetest.com/ft-chuck-glider-class-starter-kit/

In terms of a small RC to get started, the Tiny Trainer is the perennial favorite small starter plane. It doesn’t get much easier except if you go down to the 2 channel ez planes. FWIW, don’t worry about a plane being swappable. It doesn’t really add any complexity and makes assembly and changing batteries easier. Many people never actually end up swapping between planes anyways.

What’s your binding issue?

Thanks for the input.
Well, I bought a Spektrum DXS transmitter and I followed the directions but it never would connect to the receiver Spectrum AR410.

Foamforce

Thanks for the input.
Well, I bought a Spektrum DXS transmitter and I followed the directions but it never would connect to the receiver Spectrum AR410.

I don’t have a Spectrum personally, but if you describe what happened, somebody could probably help you.