keepitup

Finally decided to register because I am interested in getting the meter and some Corsair. Is anyone on here from Canada and if so have any of you ordered from this site? Just wondering how these would be shipped?

moret

I am sure @BATTLEAXE spells Canada with 3 ah's and others here also. He is on the one of the F22 and simple scout post. Find one of his post and ask him.
I have ordered but I am in the US. Takes me 5 days or so to get parts with cheap shipping..
Welcome

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Finally decided to register because I am interested in getting the meter and some Corsair. Is anyone on here from Canada and if so have any of you ordered from this site? Just wondering how these would be shipped?
Hey and welcome, a brother from CA. What part of this vast country are you from?

keepitup

Hello, I'm in Sask. near the Manitoba border. I don't belong to a club or anything, just trying to teach myself the hobby. Having a riot but it's a wee bit pricey.=) Was wondering how much luck you have had getting things delivered from t U.S. that is if you have. I'm interested in one of these fine looking foam board models. Since I have some spare parts from a couple of AXN floaters these seem ideal for me to cannibalise the wrecks and carry on with the mayhem. Were they mailed or did you need Fed-Ex or other carrier?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
They mailed it. Takes about business 7 days. I pay with PayPal. They really know how to pack the goods in well to. I have only ordered electronics though, not Speed Build Kits. I have heard and seen here on the forums that the SBK's don't exactly come pristine though. Some sheets will have wrinkles in them.

Myself I just download the free plans and scratch build everything so I don't deal with the shipping of SBK's. Plus I like to modify stuff and it is limited to so with SBK's.

What kind of electronics do you have to play with?

FDS

Elite member
They re released the AXN floater on Hobbyking. It’s still a good trainer/daily driver airframe and quite cheap for the bare kit.
The electronics from that will do most of the medium sized FT planes as well.

keepitup

They re released the AXN floater on Hobbyking. It’s still a good trainer/daily driver airframe and quite cheap for the bare kit.
The electronics from that will do most of the medium sized FT planes as well.
Yes. I have been slowly teaching myself to fly with so far 2 AXN's. One I have pretty much used as a tent peg but the other has proven quite resiliant. The electronics from the AXN is one of the reasons I am interested in the SBK's. I have one whole AXN for parts and a couple of extra 30A esc's 2 cheap radios one 4 and the nicer one 6 channel and a couple of extra blue 9gm servos. But I just jumped in with Banggood and ordered the 1800mm J-3 cub and all the electronics required including a motor from a scooter 00. Going to take my time with the build over the winter, hopefully I have gotten a bit better at flying by then. The 1180 cub I purchased earlier this year is set to go but for the few stupid mistakes I made in my haste to complete it. Had to order flat balsa stock to rebuild all the tail surfaces again. I was getting into building about 55 years ago but it went by the wayside and the last one I was building was a .60 size corsair. So when i saw the corsair foam board video my heart strings got real tight. Might be ordering one of these next pay day as I think the AXN gear will work with it. Thanx all for the help all.

FDS

Elite member
The small Corsair will build with the AXN electronics. You know the plans can be had for free and planes built off Dollar Tree foamboard? You really don’t need a kit.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
The small Corsair will build with the AXN electronics. You know the plans can be had for free and planes built off Dollar Tree foamboard? You really don’t need a kit.
I second that... way better option on so many levels