Hello Flite Test community!
I'm newish to the forum, I've had an account for a while but I never did anything with it until now!

A little about myself,
I'm 21 and I've been flying for over 11 years. I've flown just about everything under the sun, from race quads to 3d helis, to scale birds and camera ships. I've build pretty much everything there is to offer too! I prototype and design my own parts some of the time and I'm the acting test pilot for a local hobbyshop and the flying community around it. I'm half and half self taught and I've had some formal training in precision aerobatic flight and a touch of training in 3D flying wise. Building wise I'm almost completely self taught aside from a push in the right direction here and there. I'm pretty well versed in building with composite materials such as carbon fiber, fiber glass and kevlar. I also work with urethane resin and expanding foam to recast parts on the fly when something breaks. I'm pretty solid when it comes to building with wood and usually its the base structure for most anything I build. I'm a little rusty when it comes to foam builds I'll be fixing that soon. I'm also a soldering wiz. :cool:

My specialty is micro rc mainly because I dont have big spaces to work or fly haha, but through adversity comes opportunity. Simply put, I've had the opportunity to work on some cool stuff because of the skill set I've gained from doing micro stuff.

Feel free to say hello and ask questions! I don't bite and I'm happy to help:)

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hello Flite Test community!
I'm newish to the forum, I've had an account for a while but I never did anything with it until now!

A little about myself,
I'm 21 and I've been flying for over 11 years. I've flown just about everything under the sun, from race quads to 3d helis, to scale birds and camera ships. I've build pretty much everything there is to offer too! I prototype and design my own parts some of the time and I'm the acting test pilot for a local hobbyshop and the flying community around it. I'm half and half self taught and I've had some formal training in precision aerobatic flight and a touch of training in 3D flying wise. Building wise I'm almost completely self taught aside from a push in the right direction here and there. I'm pretty well versed in building with composite materials such as carbon fiber, fiber glass and kevlar. I also work with urethane resin and expanding foam to recast parts on the fly when something breaks. I'm pretty solid when it comes to building with wood and usually its the base structure for most anything I build. I'm a little rusty when it comes to foam builds I'll be fixing that soon. I'm also a soldering wiz. :cool:

My specialty is micro rc mainly because I dont have big spaces to work or fly haha, but through adversity comes opportunity. Simply put, I've had the opportunity to work on some cool stuff because of the skill set I've gained from doing micro stuff.

Feel free to say hello and ask questions! I don't bite and I'm happy to help:)

Ha Welcome-ISH to the Forums my good man! ;) We are glad to have you! Def take advantage of the immense knowledge that comes with being part of these forum threads! Almost anything you ever would need is available to you, if you just ask ;)
Enjoy and happy flying my friend!

Blessings,
Stefan

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Have you checked out the Poplar Ford flying field in Chantilly, or the Northern Virginia Radio Control club? Our next club meeting is Thursday night this week in Fairfax - http://www.1nvrc.com/ for more info

Several of us Flite Test folks in the club :)