Peugot HX 1 Jetliner design

leaded50

Legendary member
Peugot did reveal som designstudies, also of a bussiness jet, who looked wicked.
Ive drawed up scteches/plans from Bombardier and Dassault for main fuselage & wings,to recreate it, and will readjust tail/engine sections eg. to fit the Peugot designproposal.
It will not be a fast build, since just ordered needed parts yesterday, carbon spars, edf´s eg. Will use C/CCW 50mm EDF´s of a new version, and build approx 1000-1100mm wingspan. I belive perhaps wheels will be too small scale, to fit my closest RC "airport" where its grass only, bellylanding seems possible.
Colors 3 different: pure black/coal black/matt gunmetal. And, with blue neon stripes on sides and ice blue leds in EDF outlet.
Plane is intended at design with some small canards up front, no vertical stabilizer at tail. a quite small width on angle of tailfins though...

peugeotdesignlabconceptjetsketch003_0.jpg

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Peugot did reveal som designstudies, also of a bussiness jet, who looked wicked.
Ive drawed up scteches/plans from Bombardier and Dassault for main fuselage & wings,to recreate it, and will readjust tail/engine sections eg. to fit the Peugot designproposal.
It will not be a fast build, since just ordered needed parts yesterday, carbon spars, edf´s eg. Will use C/CCW 50mm EDF´s of a new version, and build approx 1000-1100mm wingspan. I belive perhaps wheels will be too small scale, to fit my closest RC "airport" where its grass only, bellylanding seems possible.
Colors 3 different: pure black/coal black/matt gunmetal. And, with blue neon stripes on sides and ice blue leds in EDF outlet.
Plane is intended at design with some small canards up front, no vertical stabilizer at tail. a quite small width on angle of tailfins though...

View attachment 189304
this looks amazing.... quite beyond my pocket though... what is wrong with the people that sell edf's soooooo expensive

leaded50

Legendary member
this looks amazing.... quite beyond my pocket though... what is wrong with the people that sell edf's soooooo expensive
$20 a piece with some discussion, i feel is ok. Supposed thrust at 950g with 4S. But, you got bigger ones, metal types, eg... then prices rises. For hobbyuse i bought a very cheap 50mm for approx 5y ago, its still used without problem by a friend and his son. He got a lot more problems with his turbinejets......

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
$20 a piece with some discussion, i feel is ok. Supposed thrust at 950g with 4S. But, you got bigger ones, metal types, eg... then prices rises. For hobbyuse i bought a very cheap 50mm for approx 5y ago, its still used without problem by a friend and his son. He got a lot more problems with his turbinejets......
wow can you post the link to it...
i almost paid $20 for a c pack motor.... but in the end i paid $15.... so $20 for and edf is not bad at all

leaded50

Legendary member
lucky guys with well priced shipping.....:devilish::devilish::devilish:
search around... sometimes suddenly good deals comes up. Ive bought landinggears, pontoons eg. a lot cheaper than Aliex and Banggood at sale on local shop. Even at that two mentioned sjops, its many sellers, and different prices. Its even possible, also on Ebay to ask for a even better price... in worst case you dont get a answer, NO, or you get a offer.

A friend bought a expencive RC car, we got 50-70% of all other things we wanted at same time of buy. (even if was not things to that car.. i got some plane parts needed ..)

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
well, im awaiting recivers.... and foamboard came today :).
Started the build, with centerpiece of fuselage. And of course, ALL parts who should be bended/rounded needs removing of paper at backside!

DSC_0578.JPG

This was rounded as by Master builds against a table edge, and glued together for a cylinder approx 95mm wide.

DSC_0579.JPG

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
Then two cuts, all the way along side (where line is) JUST ONE SIDE AT TIME! .
PS! do the cuts in angle, so outside will be bigger than inside.
When both cuts are done at one side, you will have a opening, where the cutout can be slided in all the way, with a small overlay of outer "cylinder" part.
DSC_0581.JPG

Glue together outer panel and the recessed inside side panel. Be careful to not use too much glue, since that shape gonna be used later.
AND, try getting a uniform straight line against the recessed parts, up and down. Taped to hard together one place, gonna make it uneven.

DSC_0582.JPG

leaded50

Legendary member
top of fuselage done, thrusttubes is done, ready to put in the EDF´s. Wing is ready to be glued together, wingtips, and canrads are made.

DSC_0585.JPG

tried with some blue color into the thrusttube... Rest of the rear, and tailfins cant be done, before the EDF´s, and carbon fiber reinforcings comes in mail.
DSC_0586.JPG

leaded50

Legendary member
begins coming along.
Canards with servos in place, and frontend of fuselage shut. Canards are a bit bigger than on the Peugot design... decided make them shure be working as controlsurface, and rather cut down later (possible)
Wing ready (without install of servos, and cut for ailerons/flaps) Minor work back at the place wherer wings get to wingtips, at overskin..
Rearend fully done, but front section under, is not glued in place, since needed the EDF´s first.

DSC_0587.JPG

ergomir

That plane looks awesome, i didn´t knew Peugeot is on the airplane business now. I own a car but i never think in a plane hehe.

leaded50

Legendary member
@ergomir , do you know... i found that peugot design lab had created ther design on the H160 helicopter for Airbus, and also scetched up an sportplane.....Peugot did made a starengine in 1910...

Peugeot_Design_Lab_H160_Sketches_001_01.jpg

Peugeot HX-3D Aerobatic Plane.png

perhaps more into aerodesigns that we (i ) did know...
in 1909, Rossel car factory joined his friend Armand Peugeot, and found the “Rossel-Peugeot Air Construction Limited Company”. ..

Last edited: