Next plane to be getting a maiden... the FT Mini-Arrow

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
This time made using Flite Test foam board, so hopefully close to the correct flying weight. Its doing to have a 2205 2150KV motor throwing a 6x4.3 prop and a 30Amp ESC.
Looks quite pretty. Not painted the underside but there is a nice big black stripe on the left wing underside to aid orientation!
IMG-20181209-WA0004.jpg

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Looks quite pretty. Not painted the underside but there is a nice big black stripe on the left wing underside to aid orientation!

Looks nice! I'm sure that you will like it. My eldest daughter has declared that yellow is THE color for things that zoom.

Last edited:

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I always fear that the better it looks the shorter its life UNLESS it is the second version of the same build. The first build normally ends its life as either an aerodynamic cripple or in a hole in the ground, (sometimes shredded by a tree or a fence).

May this give you many hours of enjoyment rather than just another series of pictures to remember it by!

Have fun!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I always fear that the better it looks the shorter its life UNLESS it is the second version of the same build. The first build normally ends its life as either an aerodynamic cripple or in a hole in the ground, (sometimes shredded by a tree or a fence).

May this give you many hours of enjoyment rather than just another series of pictures to remember it by!

Have fun!
I have my fingers crossed, unless I'm flying of course ... Lol ;)

kdobson83

Since everyone is showing off their arrows -

This is my first one. RIP Lasted 2 seasons with well over 50 battery cycles.
20170617_094556_HDR.jpg

This is the one I made for my brother. Flys awesome, but he doesn't fly like I do and I think he's scared to kill it. Lol
20171129_110835_HDR.jpg

And here is the one I currently fly. Did a 3d printed fusealage and stabilizers. LOVE my 3d printer!!
IMG_20181211_113730_01.jpg

Here's a close up of the pod
IMG_20181207_155217_01.jpg

It holds the esc on top to allow for better airflow for it and giving you more room in the pod for other stuff.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Finally had the chance to maiden the FT-Mini Arrow and it flew super. Annoyingly I broke a prop on it's second landing....which was so gentle too!! The cold weather sure makes these props brittle.

Jeffer949

I built one a few days ago. I need a smaller motor though. I think I'm going to order a set of 2204's or 5's for a mini quad so I have a a few for different planes i've built that are smaller. And if they survive i can maybe use them on a fpv quad eventually. Some how I didnt get both airfoils symmetrical. Not sure what I messed up. It was like I pulled one top farther back so the leading edge curve is sharper than the other. Oh well. I really liked how simple it was to cut out and build. 8 different pieces? Just got a radio capable of elevons so I'll be excited to try it out.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I built one a few days ago. I need a smaller motor though. I think I'm going to order a set of 2204's or 5's for a mini quad so I have a a few for different planes i've built that are smaller. And if they survive i can maybe use them on a fpv quad eventually. Some how I didnt get both airfoils symmetrical. Not sure what I messed up. It was like I pulled one top farther back so the leading edge curve is sharper than the other. Oh well. I really liked how simple it was to cut out and build. 8 different pieces? Just got a radio capable of elevons so I'll be excited to try it out.
Hope yours flys as well as mine!