Next winter's build

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
After I build the Great Planes Extra 300s, that I'm hoping my wife gets me for Christmas, I am thinking it might be time to tackle a nice scale warbird. I believe that it would be a good project for next winter and would probably take me 8-12 months to complete. The Boeing museum of flight has a P-47 Thunderbolt that I would like to replicate and I think this kit will be a good base to make it happen, the Ziroli P-47 kit

I'm still in the dream stages right now, but everyone should have a scale warbird in thier collection.

Boeing Museum of Flight
IMG_3353.JPG

TexMechsRobot

Posted a thousand or more times
Where will you fly it? I'd like to find a place where flying such a plane would be possible for when I build the Top Flite DC-3.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Nice! I like to plan out the next couple years of building projects too - the only problem is I keep adding to the list faster than I complete projects :confused:

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Very much looking forward to this one, even if its in the dream stage! It and the Ziroli Hellcat are dream projects for someday.

Nice! I like to plan out the next couple years of building projects too - the only problem is I keep adding to the list faster than I complete projects :confused:

That problem sounds all too familar :D.

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
Where will you fly it? I'd like to find a place where flying such a plane would be possible for when I build the Top Flite DC-3.

They fly larger scale stuff at Marymore park, but I think I could do our club field. It would be tight, but with full flaps I think I could do it. Lol. I was also looking at the Top Flight kit with the 63" wingspan. It's a little smaller, but there is a lot of info and build threads on that one.

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
New winter build decision made

Well, I decided to get my next winter build kit and pulled the trigger on the Top Flight P-47D Thunderbolt, used some discounts that Tower Hobbies gave me. It will be my first warbird and I am going to replicate the Boeing museum of flight's P-47. This will be another electric conversion build also.

My kit just arrived!
IMG_3632.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

Pic of Flight museum's 1942 WWII P-47
P-47D BOEING FLIGHT MUSEUM 1.jpg

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Nice score! A Jug recently was added to my fleet as well and I’ve heard many good things about the way they handle. Can’t wait to fly it!