Night Flying Combat with the UFOs

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Some sweet night combat action the night before our spring UnCivil war combat swarm.
Tons of fun. Ended up staying up into the wee hours fixing my plane for the sWARm the next day.
Most of the planes are CrashTestHobby Grim Reapers and Assassins but there is at least one ExtremWing in the mix.
Enjoy

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
AWESOME! I bet I could make a tricopter and light it up like an UFO. To scare the people in town.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
AWESOME! I bet I could make a tricopter and light it up like an UFO. To scare the people in town.
There was a hex-copter flying with us but I don't think he made it onto that vid. Pretty brave to fly any kind of heli near this kind of combat action
ATTACH=CONFIG]613[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ufonightfly.jpg
    ufonightfly.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 61

Tony A.

Team Deadstick
The guys in my club and myself are completely hooked on the Assassins. I think there are 12 or 13 of us that have them now and several of us have more than 1. Combat is cool... but night combat is flippin AWESOME!!!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
The guys in my club and myself are completely hooked on the Assassins. I think there are 12 or 13 of us that have them now and several of us have more than 1. Combat is cool... but night combat is flippin AWESOME!!!

Hi Tony A. Where do you live? I'm hoping we get some night combat together here this summer. Hardly anybody in our club did any organized night flying at all last summer. We are really good to get together for Saturday mornings combats though.
I need to put together another night combat plane. It's nice to have a daytime basher and a night plane, otherwise we keep fixing stuff instead of flying.

Check out the Assassin thread over on RC Groups if you are an Assassin fan!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1052384&page=328

If you are within driving distance make it to the sWARm! a4773299-1-a4732442-181-Spring2012%2520SwarmPosterDetails.jpg

Tony A.

Team Deadstick
I wish I were within driving distance, the Un-Civil war sounds like a blast. Sadly though, I am in southeastern NC.

During the summer months here it gets so hot and humid that we tend to fly more at night than during the day. You would really have to know the group that I fly with though. These are some hard core RC addicts. Most of the really active members (including me) have enclosed trailers to haul their "toys" in that double as campers...or actual campers that double as toy haulers. It also doesn't hurt that we have a climate controlled club house with a full kitchen and showers. When we go to the field on Saturday we usually don't leave until late Sunday...

Last edited:

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Sounds like a good bunch of guys!

There are a few other groups like yours that have seen the sWARm footage and are doing their own versions around the country.
Have fun!