Nine Eagles ultra micro warbirds

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I just received the Nine Eagles P47 and Spitfire that I ordered 3 weeks ago... I have to say this is the longest I've had to wait for an order to arrive, but it was worth it because I also got a free 800mm Corsair!

Anyway, on to the little planes, as expected they come fully assembled. You just need to plug in the props. I got the RTF version of the P47 and a BNF Spitfire. A buddy recently got the Skysurfer in this series and we were both impressed by how well it flew. The tx is a little power thirsty though. I charged the stock battery through it, and it took 1 bar of charge straight away. I charged the other batteries (160mAh nanotechs) using the alligator clips from my EcoSIX charger.

Upon powering up the planes, I noticed how much more throw these warbirds have than the Skysurfer. I reckon I'll be using the 'Primary' mode (low rates) for the first few flights at least. The power system generates impressive pull with a fresh battery from its geared brushed motor. It's quite windy today and is meant to be more of the same for the rest of the weekend, so unfortunately I'll have to save the verdict for a little while. Looking good so far though!

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
Lobstermash.....wise move waiting for the wind to die.....I had the nine eagles yak54 I also have the surfer and the smaller 500 all by nine eagles they all fly great...but my experience of the yak was tainted due to my impatience versus the wind....my impatience won and my first flights were filled with dohs and grrrrrs because the wind was winning the battle........on the second attempt with no wind all was fine and my faith restored in the nine eagles brand ...they make great micros.....keep flying

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Yeah, I think all up weight they're only about 37g... Wouldn't take much wind to cause a big problem. We've got 30-40km/h winds predicted here all weekend. Hope there'll be some reprieve some time during the day.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Glydr, you'll see the corsair tomorrow night... I'll have to start up a new thread for that one methinks...

For photos, I'd rather get some in the field, so you'll have to wait! (how do you keep a fool in suspense? I'll tell you tomorrow!) The light in our lounge room doesn't do them justice and I want to get across the size as well as the quality.

On powering the planes up, I did have a slight issue with the Spitfire, as I couldn't get the Nano-tech batteries to fit. The issue turned out to be that the glue hadn't stuck to keep the connector in place, and the Nano-tech batteries are a tighter fit than the stock ones. All fixed now though. Hopefully I can find some part of the weekend to fly these babies!

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
The corsair is a good plane, I got the yellow/silver one and it goes near vertical on just a 2s

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
OK, I've flown the Spitfire. It's not a very fast plane, and there's enough power for scale flight. Flight times were pretty short - I'm not convinced that the Nanotechs charged properly, as they lasted a very short time compared to the stock battery which I charged using the tx. I flew on low rates most of the time and couldn't get into a position I was comfortable rolling in most of the time. I was able to loop OK. These turn pretty tight, but threaten to stall if you go too sharp without enough throttle.

On landing, the prop pops off on grass, even with the best touchdown. All up I'm fairly impressed. Would be nice to have a battery alarm in the brick, but other than that no complaints.

Bigenglish

p51 for me

OK, I've flown the Spitfire. It's not a very fast plane, and there's enough power for scale flight. Flight times were pretty short - I'm not convinced that the Nanotechs charged properly, as they lasted a very short time compared to the stock battery which I charged using the tx. I flew on low rates most of the time and couldn't get into a position I was comfortable rolling in most of the time. I was able to loop OK. These turn pretty tight, but threaten to stall if you go too sharp without enough throttle.

On landing, the prop pops off on grass, even with the best touchdown. All up I'm fairly impressed. Would be nice to have a battery alarm in the brick, but other than that no complaints.

I've got the spit and the p51, i have to say the p51 is much and I mean much better, it seems to fly well just better than the spitfire, more responsive more controllable better in the wind just better! So if you can grab a p51 I would say get one!!!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I haven't flown my micros for ages... My wife wanted the full set of warbirds, and I'd have the p51 if I flew the ones I've got more.