nnA-10 - design, build, and review log

Hell2Go

I designed my aerowing with an adjustable thrust angle to help dial it in easier. Hope to show you some pics soon.

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Updated first post - added standard wing build.

Nic,
It looks awesome! Do you find it easier to join the wing halves before folding the wing over? I realize the metal spar does not alow an alternative method. I think I will try this method with all my builds from now on. You've probably answered this question a million times, but what do you use to cut the notches in the metal spar, and do you just line it up next to the wing to determine where they need to be cut?

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Nic,
It looks awesome! Do you find it easier to join the wing halves before folding the wing over? I realize the metal spar does not alow an alternative method. I think I will try this method with all my builds from now on. You've probably answered this question a million times, but what do you use to cut the notches in the metal spar, and do you just line it up next to the wing to determine where they need to be cut?

I do find it easier. However, the wing must be designed around this method otherwise it can be challenging or not work all together. You'll have to experiment with it on different wings.

For the spar I use a hacksaw and cut halfway down the aluminum and then hand bend to close the cut gap. All that is needed is a single straight cut to remove enough metal to allow for the dihedral to be created. When I'm designing I'll go based of the wing but I'll add the details to the plans about exactly where to cut.

Jaxx

When I'm designing I'll go based of the wing but I'll add the details to the plans about exactly where to cut.

Great! Were these details in any of the other plans? I didn't see them on the Mig 3 plans.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Yeah this one has definitely pushed my boundaries. I've learned a lot and have enjoyed the whole process so far.

jayz 84

Did I miss it but i thought this was going to be a pusher

Nope all edf man. but i did bring up i was doing mine as a pusher and will definitely post the mod for it on here for all the pusher fans. Pusher is just better and faster to me..

SnowRocker88

Amateur pilot and builder
Did I miss it but i thought this was going to be a pusher

EDF from the get go. You may be thinking of Jason's build which was a pusher. Also the first reply to this thread someone said they'd build it and make it a pusher. Either may be the source of your confusion.

jayz 84

EDF from the get go. You may be thinking of Jason's build which was a pusher. Also the first reply to this thread someone said they'd build it and make it a pusher. Either may be the source of your confusion.

That was me but it will not be a power pod mod just standard mount

Hell2Go

will ur plan be easily modifiable to use 70mm instead, I might try it with these; any thoughts?
http://www.banggood.com/RC-Model-12-Blades-70mm-2839-2600KV-Ducted-Fan-p-912234.html 2800 GRAMS OF TOTAL THRUST!!!!! Thrust is where its at!!

I always wanted to build an a10, started one about 30yrs ago. was gonna use 2liter pop bottles for the nacells, back when they had the plastic bases. there were two shapes of them... one perfect for the inlet and one for the outlet. was gonna use dual cox .099's (nitro) but I couldn't get hold of the pop bottles before they quit making them.... I think I need a 3D printer:confused: :cool:

Last edited: