nnA-10 - design, build, and review log

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
I have been grinning from ear to ear ever since I saw this thread!

Hey jaxx just wanted to say that was a awesome thing you did donating the parts for this awesome build you are the man! And i too havent stopped grinning seeing nic do this build. I think it was mostly do to me and a few others getting carried away about it on the mig 3 build(sorry nic). But im glad hes doing it and just cant not wait to see the out come.;)

Jaxx

Thanks Jayz 84! It feels so good contribute. I think I understand why Nic enjoys doing this so much. I can't wait to get to the point where I have the skills to create and share my own designs. I'll tel you though, I just can't get over how awesome this community is! The FT attitude is contagious.

Last edited:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
The 36in A10 i had came with 55mm fans so for a good scale build at 80% should be around 34in for 50s might help with your scale size around 41ins but it could be alittle bigger;)

Yeah dude this would be awesome. I think I need to make 80% versions of all my builds.. hmm.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Yeah jayz 84, I mean more how is he going to wire the power system up. From the little research I've done, multi-motor setups aren't trivial, and especially with a high power system you have to start thinking about ESC set-up, whether or not to disable a BEC, whether or not you want differential thrust, and things like that.

I am not planning any differential thrust on this one, though that could be an option. I was thinking because the overall shape of the A-10 is not too far from a traditional plane, it should 'handle' like a normal single motor set up. I could be wrong, but that was my initial thoughts when considering differential thrust.

With two high power EDFs power draw is a real concern especially when you consider I'll be pulling over 100a out of this set up at WOT..

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Nic,
I am extremely flattered by the recognition, but this is the least I could do to show my appreciation. Like I told you before, I am so inspired by what you have done here, that I feel compelled to give something back. Not only are you cranking out plans at an unbelievable rate, but you have been incredibly thorough with your articles and “design, build, and review logs”. As if that wasn't enough, you have also found the time to create a tutorial to help those of us who aspire to create our own designs. Nic, my contribution is nothing compared to yours, so Thank You. I have never been more excited about this hobby!

P.S. Guys, I can only accept credit for donating the EDFs. Nic is responsible for funding the rest of the electronics for this project.

It's my pleasure and your contribution helps make all this possible!

Everyone has been very welcoming and I definitely enjoy the interaction dynamic to this community. I hope I can continue this rate of development but you guys are throwing hard planes at me now ;-)

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
i work on/with the a10s, so if you need some photos ill do my best to get what i can....just let me know

Oh wow! Thanks for the offer. I will let you know for sure! Thank you!

I think what would be really cool, though, is if you built a nnA-10 and then got a shot of it next to the real thing! :D

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Nic,
What transmitter are you using?

I've got a Taranis paired with a X8R. I started with a FlySky T6 and it was great for the cost and for what it is, but I outgrew it fast. The Taranis has been amazing and I can't see myself using another radio for a long time.

Jaxx

I've been using a FlySky T6 for several months just to "test" it out. I was planning to modd my FlySky TH9X in the mean time, but the T6 has been working so well, I still havn't gotten around to doing that. I'm a huge fan of open source software (I use Linux almost exclusively), and I love to tinker, so the thought of having this option with the 9X is awesome.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I am going to be making a standard wing and a thin wing so you can choose what works best for you.