nnA-10 - design, build, and review log

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
I'll be interested to see the difference in performance if you test them both.

I can tell you after building the slim wing ill never go back to the standerd wing ill give a real review when i fly it but from looks to strength its so much better. But standerd wing will be best for slower park flying with undercamber. Ive made a few slim wings of my own and they really out perform the standerd wing

JohnRambozo

I can tell you after building the slim wing ill never go back to the standerd wing ill give a real review when i fly it but from looks to strength its so much better. But standerd wing will be best for slower park flying with undercamber. Ive made a few slim wings of my own and they really out perform the standerd wing

Hm. Would you recommend a slim wing design for the racing wings on my H-1?

jayz 84

Hm. Would you recommend a slim wing design for the racing wings on my H-1?

The slimer wing performs much better and with no under camber they tend to react much quicker/touchy but i really see no glide differences. Just comes in faster. But if it was me i would deff put it on the H-1. You have a removable wing build one and try it out.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
The slim wing has the advantage of being faster because there is less drag, especially with the removal of under camber and a finished trailing edge. The down side is less lift and higher stall speed. Also, the less drag aspect helps to allow the plane to 'carry its weight' better as you don't have the floaty feeling associate with the normal FT style wing so it really feels like a different animal to fly.

If you want a slower, more stable at slow speed plane, the normal FT style wing is a better bet. If you want to go fast the slim wing is night and day better.

Last edited:

jayz 84

The slim wing has the advantage of being faster because there is less drag, especially with the removal of under camber and a finished trailing edge. The down side is less lift and higher stall speed. Also, the less drag aspect helps to allow the plane to 'carry it's weight' better as you don't have the floaty feeling associate with the normal FT style wing so it really feels like a different animal to fly.

If you want a slower, more stable at slow speed plane, the normal FT style wing is a better bet. If you want to go fast the slim wing is night and day better.

Well said nic. Id explane better my self if i wasent at work. Oh and dont forget much faster roll rate;)

Jaxx

I am going to be making a standard wing and a thin wing so you can choose what works best for you.

Since I will be building 100 of these nnA-10s, I'll get the chance to try both.:D

Last edited:

jayz 84

I think I need to go pick up 50 cases of TDFB so that I'm ready to go when Nic releases the plans.:D

Haha i know think i will to. And whats wrong with that nic? We love this jet and your design work

Jaxx

Nic,
I don't think you realize how excited I am about this project. :D

On a serious note....you best believe I'll be building several of them. I will be showing them off to my coworkers as well.

Last edited:

jayz 84

Nic,

On a serious note....you best believe I'll be building several of them. I will be showing them off to my coworkers as well.

Now! What would be really cool even tho you cant get edfs big enough but you can on a pusher setup. A 200% A10;)

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Nic,

Awesome! Are they already pilots?

Jaxx

Oh yeah I mean RC. I just was wondering since the nnA-10 won't be the best nooby plane.

I believe seeing this plane will motivate them to get into the hobby. I would recommend a good starter plane. The nnA-10 would be a goal they could set for themselves.