nnA-10 - design, build, and review log

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Ha! I'm my own worst critic and would never release something that I didn't think was the best I could do :)

With that being said the look is a very important part of the A-10 so I'm gonna do my best to capture it.

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Ha! I'm my own worst critic and would never release something that I didn't think was the best I could do :)

With that being said the look is a very important part of the A-10 so I'm gonna do my best to capture it.

That right you better! Haha. I have high conference youll make it the best one out there

udo789

Don't mean to be nosey, but where do you find the time to do all this phenomenal scratch design & build? What do you do when you're not building?

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Don't mean to be nosey, but where do you find the time to do all this phenomenal scratch design & build? What do you do when you're not building?

Heh, I work full time and have a 1 year old so my only hobby time is late in the evening :)

jayz 84

Heh, I work full time and have a 1 year old so my only hobby time is late in the evening :)

I really feel you on that one nic i have 3little boys and one in the oven;) i have just enough time for building now designing ha there would be some very late weekend nights but hay i love the hobby

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I really feel you on that one nic i have 3little boys and one in the oven;) i have just enough time for building now designing ha there would be some very late weekend nights but hay i love the hobby

Yeah man, it's worth it :)

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
So this design is pushing me hard. I'm sorry there hasn't been much updates lately, it's not because I'm not making progress, there are just a lot of little details. So each step/piece is taking a huge amount of thought and tweaking to get right. I've never just sat and stared at a design and just thinking for so long before. There isn't an image on google that I've not analyzed, haha.

jayz 84

So this design is pushing me hard. I'm sorry there hasn't been much updates lately, it's not because I'm not making progress, there are just a lot of little details. So each step/piece is taking a huge amount of thought and tweaking to get right. I've never just sat and stared at a design and just thinking for so long before. There isn't an image on google that I've not analyzed, haha.

Nic no one hear is going to rush you. We understand all great builds take the time to get just perfect. As long as everyone knows it coming along then thats all we need. But also dont kill your self on the build too you dont have to be that dead on lol. The A10 was built for one thing to house one big bad ass gun but designed simple for easy sheet metal feild repairs hence all the simple flat square fuse. So do your best man im sure itll be a great design just dont go crazy with it

SnowRocker88

Amateur pilot and builder
I'm sure the community would appreciate a quality A-10 design over a design that happened to be available a week or a day or a month earlier than would have been.

SanderHG

Sorry about the delay, here are some pics. Is this what you mean? Hope it helps. If you need pics of anything else, just ask.

2cpbzgg.jpg

ou0aae.jpg

atvslz.jpg

esj8te.jpg

13yh2ya.jpg

2ldvwo1.jpg

rt1hna.jpg

fbltt1.jpg

jayz 84

Great reference pix there SanderHG and might i say awesome A10 you have there. I sure do miss mine cant wait to see how nic comes out and finally have one back in my hanger

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Nic no one hear is going to rush you. We understand all great builds take the time to get just perfect. As long as everyone knows it coming along then thats all we need. But also dont kill your self on the build too you dont have to be that dead on lol. The A10 was built for one thing to house one big bad ass gun but designed simple for easy sheet metal feild repairs hence all the simple flat square fuse. So do your best man im sure itll be a great design just dont go crazy with it

Thanks man.

JohnRambozo

You got this!

SanderHG

It's a Chinese company called Lanxiang. They mostly make large very detailed scale foamies. Mine is powered by 2x 70mm edf (14 blade XRP edf unit with a 1600Watt 2200kv motor running on 6s, so 3200Watt total). AUW is about 3.6 kg (8lbs) with a 5000Mah 6S battery. The stock one is a bit lighter and has less power. At the moment I'm changing the retractable gear for nice scale looking aluminium ones. The retracts supplied with this model are too weak for grass runways. It flies great. The canopy can even open remotely, it slides backwards a bit and then slowly opens.

v4rqrq.jpg

28hgyl0.jpg