nnChipmunk v2

andrej

CG according to the plans 57mm from the leading edge of the wing. If I'm not mistaken where the spar goes. Now I moved the battery back and the CG is about 75mm from the leading edge. Move the battery further back? Then CG will be approximately in the middle of the wing. Something wrong. My previous nnchipmunk flew with default CG

andrej

Re-glued the wing from the bottom of the fuselage, in the middle. Now the plane does not dive down

Attachments

• 20220613_150939.jpg
    20220613_150939.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

andrej

because I made the plane badly, and when, according to the plans, the wing is from below, then the plane dives, and when the wing is from above, then it doesn’t.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
It looks like you could have too much down thrust, or an issue with the air foil. When you moved the wing up, it appears you also increased the incidence, which compensated for the diving.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
That's the most dramatic adaptation I've seen to any of my designs. But hey, if it works, it works. Good job making it work for you. (y)

andrej

Yes, the plane flies in this form, but the rolls are very crooked. The previous nnchipmunk was more successful.
I think maybe try to cut a new wing out of the foam with a hot wire? Which airfoil is used in nnchipmunk?