Using 5 gram emax servos and probably a 2s 800mah lipo as that is the smallest battery I have. If I get really adventurous I might try a 650 3s. Would probably be to much weight as the wingspan is only a little over 18inches. Have to make it from the black dtfb as the local dt didn’t have the good stuff. I also have Ross foamboard but it is to flexible for single layer wings. As long as I use a bec I don’t have to use the flight controller with the 1106 right? I have a power pack h and would like to use the motors separately on different planes. (Will post pictures sometime today or tomorrow) by the way, your sonic series p-39 is awesome on 3s and a 2205
Thanks! I have decided that although the black foamboard has been upgraded (paper doesn’t delaminates as badly, still not as good as white though) it comes out looking bad as the glue strings are more visible than on white. Also the f-86 doesn’t look as good in person, had some trouble (my fault) with getting the fuselage the right width where it meets the wing. Haven’t flown it yet because those tiny edfs are expensive, might put an 1106 on it soon
Done! Needs a maiden, but it’s dark now. Might not get to maiden it this week because it’s been so windy. Hopefully tomorrow will give us a break and get this maidened.
110 grams with 800 2s, 120grams with 600 3s.
Rebuilding. Looked promising but had the rates to high, you can guess the rest. Turns out the black foamboard still delaminates badly, wing came loose due to paper coming off. Rebuilding now with the white foamboard.
IT FLEW! Horribly, but still. Either it had some extreme adverse yaw due to inboard ailerons, or it was really tail heavy (don’t think it was). But it was extremely hard to control in the roll axis. Not that it was touchy, but it acted like it had a bad rudder Input when I gave it aileron. Gonna give it another go with the 100% plans. Will have an update later this week.