nnMiG 3 - 800mm

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
DETAILS

Hi Friends.

Next on my 800mm list is the nnMiG 3. The full size is a blast to fly and is crazy fast with the Tacon Big Foot 10 motor. With the 800mm version I plan to use the NTM 35-36 1800kv with a 7x7 prop on 4s. This should give me around 120mph of white knuckle power.

jayz was awesome enough to beta test the 800mm version for me so please enjoy his pictures. Thanks jayz!

Currently only the speed wing is available, but I'll have the basic wing plans up soon. If you're not sure which version is right for you then hold off until I post the basic plans. You can choose what might be right for you at that time. Make sure to post any questions you have. I will be marking this as an Advanced build as the speed wing will require a skilled builder.

Outside of the normal changes needed to reduce down the plans I also made the following changes:

Firewall top plate moved back .5 inch
-As you scale the plans down some parts don't work right. The size of your motor only changes a little, if at all on a 800 size bird, so this helps prevent the entire can from sticking out.

If you like this design then perhaps you’ll like some of my others as well.

SPECS

WINGSPAN
FUSE
CHANNELS
WEIGHT
Airframe - 270g
BEEF Equivalent - 580g
PROJECT Speed - 810g
ELECTRONICS
BEEF Equivalent
MOTOR - Turnigy D3530/14 1100kv 73g 315w 22a
PROP - 9x6 APC
ESC - HobbyKing Blue 30a
BATTERY - 1000mah 3S to 2200mah 3S
SERVOS - 3x 9g

PROJECT Speed
MOTOR - NTM 35-36 1800kv
PROP - 7x7 APC
ESC - 80a Dynam
BATTERY - 2200mah 40c 4S
SERVOS - 3x 12g Emax ES08MA II metal gear
BUILD DIFFICULTY
Beginner – You’ve never flown a plane before, let alone done a scratch build
Novice – You’ve flown a plane but have no experience with scratch building
Intermediate – You’ve flown and built a few FT style planes before
Advanced – You’ve mastered the standard FT build style and are looking for a new challenge
Expert – You’ve mastered all build techniques and aren’t afraid to improvise or tackle tedious builds
MATERIALS
2 sheets DTFB
4 BBQ skewer
1 sheet poster board
1 landscape flag
1 2 liter bottle
1 flat aluminum 1/16" x 1/2" x 3'
PLANS

1. nnMiG 3 -800mm

PICTURES

2EhO69Ml.jpg

XsNBtD3l.jpg

0Bj2NtYl.jpg

KoZHyVHl.jpg

vhDWOMWl.jpg

KbOVELKl.jpg

w6LQ4f4l.jpg

eyFLqQWl.jpg

SpT0mijl.jpg

ALC31oll.jpg

IB6KCiwl.jpg

CXhhezql.jpg

bS0sYWol.jpg

EIXw2fVl.jpg

Wy8NxFWl.jpg

sOVFYw0l.jpg

wg8aj7xl.jpg

cd0hcqel.jpg

7O5nDCal.jpg

hlBs9sDl.jpg

3uAhX6Fl.jpg

66CP20Yl.jpg

Zae1gGvl.jpg

XmHDvsvl.jpg

Last edited:

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
nn800mm MIG3 BUILD

Hey guys as you know nic has been hard at work designing and building these great birds for use. So as most of you know i take great pride in my builds. And alot of you have givin me great feed back on them And nic was one of them. So he asked if i would help him out by beta building the 800mm nnMig3. I dident hesitate to say yes. The mig3 is known for its rock star flight characteristics and great looks and for it being a 800mm i knew this thing was going to be a blast so i jumped right on the build. So here it is, hope you enjoy the build pix

WING BUILD
CAM00620.jpg
CAM00621.jpg
CAM00622.jpg
CAM00623-1.jpg
CAM00625-1.jpg
CAM00626-1.jpg

This wing build vs the fullsize wing build i really found it much easier to build do to its size. The only thing i add/change on the plans( was just for my liking) i did full symmetrical ailerons. By adding the aileron to the top and bottom wing plans. And i did not cut them out till last. Cause i beveled the full wing glued it all together. Then traced the aileron cut out on the bottom wing half. The cut and beveled it like any other aileron. But it being symmetrical gives a nicer look to the wing.
And on a good note the 800mm wing is super strong when built to plan

FUSE/ TAIL BUILD
CAM00627.jpg CAM00633.jpg
CAM00634.jpg

The fuse and tail section went together very nice. No changes. My only add on was the double formers i added for my power pod/hatch mod.

Turtle deck, Wing install, Canopy, and wing root fairings

CAM00635.jpg
CAM00636.jpg
CAM00637-1.jpg

The assembly went together very well. Ran into no problem or changes

Finish build and paintand my hatch and pod mod
The paint job. Yes was not a traditional paint scheme. But me and NIC love fast planes so i went with a racing paint scheme. Hope you guys like it
CAM00646.jpg
CAM00648.jpg
CAM00649.jpg
CAM00640.jpg

Comparison pic.between 800mm and fullsize
CAM00650.jpg

Onces and this is a great build by nerdnic and i enjoyed building it very much. So another big thank to you man!

Any questions about my mod fell free to ask for help. Specially when it comes to your setups

Hopfull Sucessful Maiden and video coming soon;)

Last edited:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
No plan on stopping anytime soon :) What plane would I need to design to get you to build one?

jayz 84

If you guys keep pumping these missiles out you're going to have too many to fly.

Hey hey hey now. What wrong with alittle variety. And we love building these things. Also so well have plenty of back ups lol. Besides you said i could store them at your place sence the woman says i have to many for our apartment ;). Shell never stop me!

jayz 84

No plan on stopping anytime soon :) What plane would I need to design to get you to build one?

Ahaha you got that right. I know what he wants too see we allready talked about that one. Just cant make up my mind on which one. The Pitts12. Or Pitts Challenger. Nothing flys like a hard core pitts. You want bad ass there it is;)

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
What plane would I need to design to get you to build one?

I already plan on building a chipmunk and a mig, but I really love aerobatic biplanes like the challenger III or the Pitts Model 12.
My favorite planes are almost all airshow performers, so something along the lines of an extra, edge, pitts, show cat, stearman, or cap 232 would probably be on top of my build list.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Besides, you said i could store them at your place

lol, I think you would have a hard time convincing her that you need to drive to Wisconsin to store your airplanes, but by all means you are welcome to try. ;)

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I already plan on building a chipmunk and a mig, but I really love aerobatic biplanes like the challenger III or the Pitts Model 12.
My favorite planes are almost all airshow performers, so something along the lines of an extra, edge, pitts, show cat, stearman, or cap 232 would probably be on top of my build list.

Okay cool I'll take a look :)

jayz 84

lol, I think you would have a hard time convincing her that you need to drive to Wisconsin to store your airplanes, but by all means you are welcome to try. ;)

Ha that is a long drive. But think of all the places i could stop and fly on the way. Ha i might never make it there;)

jayz 84

We got you coverd man dont worry. Im the same way i love stunt planes thats why i started with the mxs. Ill be doing a pitts soon