nnP-39

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
one of the things that looks super great on this plane is adding the posterboard where wings and fuse meet, i've seen this before but none look as good as this

I actually used foam instead of poster board. I'll have more detail pictures soon. You're gonna love how clean it is, the bottom of the fairing is closed and flush with the bottom of the plane :)

Oh and this is a rental.. So hideous floors all around! Haha.

Bambua

Thanks! What are you thinking of working on?

I've got an Ace Super Pacer as a tribute to my Dad for fathers day a wing away from being done: http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?18913-Ace-Super-Pacer-Pattern-Plane

And i'm gearing up to do a 1930's Air racer:

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?19206-Percival-Mew-Gull-Swappable

The design elements that others have come up with are great building blocks to try to find planes we love and make them a reality :D

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Awesome! Yeah I love to see what others are working on and also what techniques are used. Lately I've been trying to come up with new ideas and techniques to push things further.

viggen

i cant wait to see how you did the wing fairings.they good amazing..i tryed it on my ft spitfire.doesnt look half as good as yours.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
They go a little something like this:

mpGeUAD.jpg

t9GKS8q.jpg

nZof5sy.jpg

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
very clever.how thick is that foam

Its just two pieces of dtfb glued together to form a stronger wing root fairing. You have the top piece and the trailing edge belly piece (hollow on the inside)

ClearSkiesCalmWinds

Subscribed to this one. Any chance of a summertime project list. Love your work. Summertime is build time here in the desert. Clear Skies, Calm Winds. Cheers!

viggen

looks like it floats very well.i wish i had seen your fairing before i had painted my spitfire.

viggen

nerdnic could you please make a template/plan for your fairing,and maybe a set for the ft spitfire as im sure everyone who builds the spitfire will want to add fairings