nnP-39

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 9.46.29 PM.png

The nnP-39 shreds the sky like no other in its class. Get ready for high adrenaline, unparalleled foam board performance!

free-plans-banner_2_orig.png

Thanks for taking the time to build one of my designs! This one is modeled after the Bell P-39 Airacobra and I hope you enjoy it! Please share a picture of your build with me via email - me@nerdnic.com

DOWNLOAD PLANS

FAQ
Is the nnP-39 a swappable?
Yep!

How scale is the nnP-39?
All proportions are scale except the vstab. I increased it by about 10% for stability.

Is the nnP-39 a good plane for a beginner to fly?
No. It is an advanced build and requires an intermediate pilot to fly. This would be a great plane after you've mastered something like an FT Spitfire or FT Mustang.

I only see a Speedwing in the plans, will there be a basic wing also?
Not on this design :)

Do I have to add flaps?
Nope, they are fully optional. If your running a heavy fast setup it's a good idea to add flaps.

There is a plane I want you to design, what’s the best way to suggest it to you?
Please use the request form here on my site.

REVIEW
STALLS
Tips stalls at slow speed will occur. They aren’t very bad and with very little effort you can recover.

WIND
Wind performance is great. There are no issues in the wind at all.

LAUNCHING/LANDING
You’ll need about half throttle to launch and landing is not bad on the basic electronics. If you’re running the Tacon motor launch and land with flaps.

ACROBATICS
Rolls, loops, and inverted are solid.

SLOW SPEED PERFORMANCE
On the basic electronics slow speed is good. With flaps, it’s great. With the Tacon.. heck, why are you flying slow with the Tacon setup?

LOOK AND FEEL
The nnP-39 has a unique look with the aft intake. I’ve gotten many compliments about how smoothly it tracks and gently it lands. The wing root fairings add a nice scale touch and help with aerodynamics. Like my nnMiG 3, the feel of the speedwing is like no other DTFB plane I’ve flown. You can really feel the weight of the plane. It doesn’t feel floaty or impacted by wind. It just does what you control it to do. The controls are responsive and crisp and the plane has follow through. Inputs carry weight and you can feel it as you fly. It’s not something you’ll encounter flying other DTFB planes.

FINAL COMMENTS
The nnP-39 is a super sleek, extremely fast, and exciting plane to fly. Flight characteristics are solid but don’t expect a floaty trainer experience. This is an advanced build and will take a strong intermediate pilot to fly safely and well. The basic electronics provide very good performance and for those daring enough the Tacon setup will let you rip it at 120mph.

Last edited:

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
Awesome work man! Currently working on releasing my own set of plans for the first time. Thanks for all the inspiration.

Looking forward to seeing this one in action!

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Damn man. I thought we were going to hit it hard all at once with a flight video and view lol. I knew you couldent hold it in long. This one is going to be one bad a## bird and im getting very excited for the maiden. I hope you guys enjoy the this new bird. Pix will be up soon after final touches and paint. Awsome job nic

Strix

...it looked cool and I liked the longer fuse and large hstab design. jayz and I both immediately commented that this plane could be a more advanced version of the nnMiG 3.

Very interesting... The Russians made good use of the P-39 during WW2, after finding that the MiG-3 had a number of shortcomings.

In fact, my nnMiG-3 sports the white 5 of Alexander Pokryshkin, a Soviet MiG-3 ace who eventually went on to score most of his aerial victories flying a P-39.

Looking forward to seeing this one. I guess I'm going to need to find someone with a drill press so I can put a hole in the center of the spinner. :)

jayz 84

Looking forward to seeing this one. I guess I'm going to need to find someone with a drill press so I can put a hole in the center of the spinner. :)

Yeah Strix a better idea so you know its true and balance. Check out the RocHobby p -39 at motionrc.com. look under the spare parts and youll find the spinner with the gun attachment. And many other scale parts. I was going to order the scale parts but funds are low at the moment for rc

Last edited:

jayz 84

Hmmm paint schemes, paint schemes.... was thinking about a easy traditional scheme like this
Bell-P-39-Airacobra-Russian.jpg
But im also liking the fast colors on the cobra 2.
7185__07407.1428519053.1020.1020.jpg
What do you guys think? And post some that you guys think would be awsome to see

jayz 84

The dynamic duo strikes again!

Jayz,
Are you going to FliteFest?

VERY unfortunately no. The avation world this year for me has been slow only making my 40hr. Last year i had over 500hr in overtime and this year so far lucky to hit 50. And to top that i have no time off time till Aug, i used up all my vacation time when my baby girl was born. If i had the funds like last year i would be there all week with my family helping and having a good time. But sadly i cant make it this year. Its just to much for my pocket taking me, my wife and four kids. But im allready planing for next year you can count on that

Jaxx

Jayz,
I just cleared out my sent items. Try sending that message again.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Well that didn't stay secret for very long. :p

Looking good Nic. As usual. Might try to build one before Flite Fest. Working on your Bloody Baron and an ALP AT-6 for myself at the moment.

jayz 84

this looks cool...i got a spare tacon that needs using.how do i download the plans?

Plans are not final just yet. Still finishing up the little touches on our builds then out for maiden test flight. Once everything is fine and goes will then the plans will be out for you to enjoy

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Very interesting... The Russians made good use of the P-39 during WW2, after finding that the MiG-3 had a number of shortcomings.

In fact, my nnMiG-3 sports the white 5 of Alexander Pokryshkin, a Soviet MiG-3 ace who eventually went on to score most of his aerial victories flying a P-39.

Wow! That's really cool. I had no idea about any of this. As much as I love planes I'm still new to this world and have very little knowledge of each models history. Seeing posts like this is awesome because it just adds more flavor and story around everything.

Thanks for sharing that!

viggen

When youve finished uploading the review and plans please can you tell us what angle the flaps need to be at.
Jay if your not going to use the yellow paint scheme then i will.

jayz 84

When youve finished uploading the review and plans please can you tell us what angle the flaps need to be at.
Jay if your not going to use the yellow paint scheme then i will.

Hey man its your choice. So go right ahead. Im not sure which one im planing on yet but its a winner so far. Yellow looks awsome flying around at high speeds