No bones about it... there's a new project in the works!

Liemavick

Mentor
FM, I can dish it and take it, hate away. Feel free to call me Brian while you hate too :) So whats the progress report, 3rd motor still silent?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
FM, I can dish it and take it, hate away. Feel free to call me Brian while you hate too :) So whats the progress report, 3rd motor still silent?
Brian...

yes, sort of.

It runs up, but not as much as the other two, and does not accept input from the controller.

I haven't taken the time to work on it. I spent too long around the camp fire talking about dead things in plexiglass boxes and the effects people may or may not be having on the whole "global warming" thing.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I snuck home for lunch, and instead of eating the food I got ready, I worked on the tricopter some.

Of course, if I did something smart, like paid more attention to the directions available online, this might be an easier process, but noooooo. I go my own way.

Anyhow, now it's working, mostly. I seem to be getting the right responses from the roll and pitch, but yaw is being weird. The servo now kicks hard to the left and won't respond to right turn input, but does respond to left turn input.

Liemavick

Mentor
Left circles are cool, I can live with that. Kidding of course, nice to see progress is moving forward. Now go eat your sammy.

Liemavick

Mentor
Ah yes, the dreaded end points! Whatever the heck those are. I really thought learning how to fly the tricopter was going to be my biggest hurdle, looks like building the damn thing has that beat hands down. Hang in there man.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Ok, prepare to be even MORE jealous. I edited up a quick video and it will be up on YouTube as soon as it's done processing.

Which with my internet connection could be a few days.

Liemavick

Mentor
I'm proud of you man, you stuck with it and have a great new flying machine. Video was fun too, very entertaining for something you threw together so quickly. So lets hear some feed back, are you in love or lust at this point? Will she be joining you in the morning for a turtle nest scouting adventure?