No bones about it... there's a new project in the works!

Liemavick

Mentor
I love when someones far out idea comes to life. Cool looking machine, congrats Chad. I see the wood arms are out on this model, aluminum in its place? Heli you should start a new thread and get some early exposure and interest, that V tail is wicked.

Last edited:

PaulT

Mentor
A successful build and a confirmation that teach is going to the dark side.
WOW.
Quite an accomplishment!

Liemavick

Mentor
FM, How much experience have you had flying copters? How does the Tri rate in difficulty to fly vs others? I haven't found a Tricopter on the Sim yet, but Im sure its coming. Nice write up by the way, i dont think you included the cost of the KK in your breakdown of expenses, unless i over looked it.

Oh and one more thing, buy a new soldering iron! You smoked that board Bro lol! You will be amazed how easy soldering is with the right tool. Yes Im loving my new soldering station, and no you can't have it :)

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I am sure it all depends on the flight controller. I find the quadcopter to be more rigid in it's flying characteristics. The tricopter feels more fluid. The yaw authority is more "snappy" on the tricopter.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I was programmed to be inclined towards the graceful fluid movements of the Tri-Copter type craft a long time ago.
Movie is "The Terminator". ;)

Thurmond

earthsciteach

A successful build and a confirmation that teach is going to the dark side.
WOW.
Quite an accomplishment!

Ha ha ha! Yeah, I admit it. I think its time I build one of those crazy things. Plus, I very much like that I can patronize Flite Test at the same time. That Batman quad is pretty mean looking, but I think I'll start with a tri-copter.

Liemavick

Mentor
That brings me to a question...Is a quad called that due to the number of motors or number of motor locations? To me the Batwing copter is a Tricopter, as it has 3 points. Does having 2 motors on one of these points make it a quad? Inquiring minds want to know.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
For me, yes...

It is using four motors, on three arms.

But others are calling it a V-Tail Tricopter.

I think it's going to be the big fight of the Flite Test forums we've all been waiting for.

Liemavick

Mentor
Finally you may get to swing your mighty sword and send some posts to never never land :) You have Gmail btw