No more FT Foam Board?

malety31

Hello Everyone!
This is my first post on the flitetest forums, I am a late beginner rc pilot here to talk and learn about all stuff RC!
I was recently on the Flite Test store website and noticed that non of the links to their foam board worked. I was wondering if anyone had any info if they have perhaps stopped making it or if they simply take it off the website when it's sold out?

luvmy40

Elite member
I just bought six sheets at Edgwater last weekend. I doubt they are not selling it anymore. They may just be low on stock right now.

Last edited:

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
I ordered a box earlier this week and it arrived today... not sure what problem you're seeing but they definitely have it.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Sounds like they ran dry. Not to fear they will get another truck load soon (I hope!)
In the meantime go to Dollar Tree and get some Adams in white. Same stuff other than the paper. Get the white and not the black, there is a difference in the paper in my experience. Not sure about other colors but Adams white works great.

luvmy40

Elite member
Sounds like they ran dry. Not to fear they will get another truck load soon (I hope!)
In the meantime go to Dollar Tree and get some Adams in white. Same stuff other than the paper. Get the white and not the black, there is a difference in the paper in my experience. Not sure about other colors but Adams white works great.
The black works well, it's just a little harder to peel the paper for some reason.

luvmy40

Elite member
Okay maybe it's a consistentcy thing? The 10 sheets of it I bought the paper came off too easy!
Yeah, there may be a quality controll issue with the black on white board. The first few sheets I bought at Dollar Tree were measurably thinner than the white from Dollar General(both Adams branded), but all of the black I have used has been a pain to peel.

luvmy40

Elite member
Now that you mention it, the last bunch of white Adams board I got was much more wavy and bowed than I have seen in the recent past

FishbonesAir

The Adams I bought was very inconsistent. Some was nice, some... Not so much. I didn't notice until I got um home. I've got some other brands that are extremely flat and consistent, one from Walmart that was on sale for 88 cents. I'm gonna do some experimenting with it, but right now I'm having way too much fun flying my new Guinea. :)

BTW, I found some giant foam board at Hobby Lobby, I think it was 5' by 4'? I tried a corner and it seemed to peel okay too. I only remember that it was kinda pricey per board, but if you needed a really big piece for something without joining, there you go.

Bo123

Elite member
I ordered a box of foamboard about a 2 weeks go. It still hasn’t left the usps place. Well I guess thats what you get for being on the other side of the pacific. Ah well.