Help! No signal on fpv goggles

FearlessChair

I'm using a tx200u rx and ev800d goggles. New to the hobby so I'm still trying to figure everything out. At first I was having the issue of not being able to connect my vtx and goggles to the same channel. I would scan and get video but when I tried to set to the exact frequency i would get static. Someone mentioned setting up my vtx tables in betaflight. So I flash my firmware, uploaded the table and was still having a similar issue of not being able to connect to the same frequency. I think I may have messed something up in betaflight because now I just get static all the time? I was reading some vtx are just off set on the frequencys? I've had this issue straight out of the box. It's a diatone gt r349. Any help would be appreciated.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The newer VTX on the market have two settings. The FCC one that is 25 mw and has certain frequencies blocked for example Raceband 8 which I like to fly on. When you unlock them they have access to what ever power ratings are available for that particular VTX AND all its capable frequencies. Some are actually illegal in the states but you get access if you unlock the VTX so be very observant what channels you do choose.

There is usually a frequency table that comes in the vtx kit if not it will be on the web site from the manufacturer as well as how to unlock the vtX. I just went thru all that on my newest build. Finding the tables so I can use smart audio to change them with the radio and goggles then learning not all frequencies are available on FFC locked vtx.

FearlessChair

The newer VTX on the market have two settings. The FCC one that is 25 mw and has certain frequencies blocked for example Raceband 8 which I like to fly on. When you unlock them they have access to what ever power ratings are available for that particular VTX AND all its capable frequencies. Some are actually illegal in the states but you get access if you unlock the VTX so be very observant what channels you do choose.

There is usually a frequency table that comes in the vtx kit if not it will be on the web site from the manufacturer as well as how to unlock the vtX. I just went thru all that on my newest build. Finding the tables so I can use smart audio to change them with the radio and goggles then learning not all frequencies are available on FFC locked vtx.

Just ordered a new vtx and it works fine now. I think it was shipped with a faulty vtx.