No throttle output!

qykslvr

Building a simple storch with a power pack c. Got all servos working properly, but still have no throttle output. Motor turns as freely as before install. DXe transmitter with AR620 reciever. Help?

Last edited:

FDS

Elite member
Make sure you have the channel order correct. Spektrum is 1-4 Throttle, Aileron, Elevator, Rudder.

qykslvr

Yeah, I've got full aileron, elevator, and rudder functionality. It beeps and flexes solenoids during initialisation, but no throttle response. Everything plugged in as just stated.

FDS

Elite member
Is throttle plugged into the correct receiver port and the right way around? Also check there is no exposed metal on the bullet connectors between motor and ESC if you are using them. Any short there will kill the ESC.
Have you calibrated the ESC?

FDS

Elite member
07846ED1-E294-4F3D-865B-B2E356D8A2B4.jpeg

Yours is not channel three, see note in my first post.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
You might check the output screen of your Tx. Is the screen showing throttle output? You may have the throttle cut switch on. Or have the throttle channel reversed.

qykslvr

For some reason I get throttle output at 2 stages when flight mode on the tx is switched to 0 or 1 unrelated to throttle position. Also, esc calibration was not functional.

epsilon

For some reason I get throttle output at 2 stages when flight mode on the tx is switched to 0 or 1 unrelated to throttle position. Also, esc calibration was not functional.

What do you mean by 2 stages? like, throttle works at 2 speeds when the flight mode switch is flipped?

FDS

Elite member
You need to get into the app and see what your switches are set to. It sounds like the throttle is on the flight mode channel, you want it plugged into channel 1 not channel 5 and the switch set to channel 5 not channel 1!

FDS

Elite member
Whilst you are waiting can we get a picture of the receiver with all the plugs in and the receiver and esc with the plugs in?

qykslvr

Apparently the last time I plugged in the esc I wasn't paying attention. It was plugged into #5 instead of #1. Plugged back into #1 and I now have proper throttle control. Still looking forward to checking out the setup with the app.

FDS

Elite member
See, simple solutions are the best solutions. I have made all those silly errors myself.
Glad it’s all fixed! You will want to talk to the RX to set up your dual rates and expo before you fly anyway, so that cable won’t be wasted.

FDS

Elite member
Yes, it allows you to reverse servos. You can do it mechanically by changing the wiring or put a reverser in line to the rudder.