NoAgendaDrones FT Mini Spear

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
great job, it was fun flying with ft arrow, now i wanna build ft spear like you..
can u gimme the sketch after scalling to 75% ?
awesome work dude. COOL

I didn't redo the plans, I just printed the full Spear plans to 75%. This gives you the majority of the plans that are good to go, but you will need to tweak the areas that have A/B/C folds because the gaps that were 4mm for the foam board will now be 3mm. Also the edges of the bottom/top piece that wraps over the top will need a little extra on the sides where it is supposed to be extra paper to make the joints better. The first time you build it just take you time and check everything before cutting and especially check fitment before gluing. The thread linked below shows how I shrink the plans in Adobe, the first post has the info, unfortunately most of the other pictures in that thread are gone thanks to photobucket.
http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?25686-NoAgendaDrones-NanoArrow

Really liked the look of the versa but thought id better start on the smaller arrow. love how it flies although it really needs the bigger motor, i used teh 1806 at full throttle its fastish,

2200mah battery seems huge for the size although it does weight more than the mini arrow (mines is just under 300g with 1000mah battery)

Is this just a more convienent platform due to the larger centre pod? and having some more weight handling the wind just curious how slow it flies as more weight for the same wing area generally means fly faster.

May build one of these would be good for sticking lights in for night flying

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
After the last time out and finding that my VTX was fried, I had kind of just left the MS on the wall while concentrating on my 5" quad. Well the quad is currently awaiting parts so I found another VTX in my pile of FPV bits and decided to try to sneak in a couple of flights before dusk yesterday. Unify Pro HV Race set to 200mw was working great, the PDB OSD board was working really well also so I was able to see that running 4S with a Emax RS2205 and a Gemfam 5152 prop at full throttle I was peaking at 35A draw. So with the Emax 30A ESC this thing works great. On the first flight I was about 7mins into the flight when all of the sudden my video went to static, I pulled my goggles off to try to recover LOS but the plane was headed straight for the ground. Luckily its speed decent was slowed by a tree so it didn't hit the ground at full force. When I walked over to it I found that the UFL pigtail had popped off the VTX (SMH). I popped it back on and installed a new battery, but then noticed that the Runcam Split was just outputting the Runcam logo for video, and while digging into that issue I found that the ribbon connection on the Split board was all jacked up.

So I decided to tape some steamers to the vert fins and had my buddy chase and try to cut them with his quad...enjoy!

On a side note, I will likely not be building another MiniSpear. With the newer FPV wings like the RMRC Recruit being rather inexpensive I will likely get one of those and try adding a FC to get some stabilization and maybe GPS for speed and altitude OSD readout...if I do build another MS I will certainly share here.

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
My latest MiniSpear is officially no longer a plane. Her electronics now reside in a Sonic Model AR Wing that I am building with an FC/GPS.

received_10155491767748736.jpeg

As I said before, if/when I build another MS I will certainly share here. If you build one, please share anything you improved, learned...anything. Thanks

Last edited:

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
PXL_20210712_020637640~2.jpg

They're finished! I'm a little curious to see how well they'll stand up though, this DTFB is not liking the East Coast humidity so I needed lots of extra glue around the edges and hinges.

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
Got both wings maidened, and they both flew well!

Here is some FPV DVR of the maidens and testing out the FPV-Combat setup.