Noob pilot/builder builds and flight

Scottstots

Hello there,

I just wanted to share a couple of my favourite Flite Test planes that I have built and really enjoy flying (Goblin and Mini Mustang). I started with this hobby at the beginning of September and it's been an awesome but also extremely frustrating experience. Just a tip for us new guys that I have not seen posted anywhere before is a cheap mini drone i bought from Amazon. I bought the Holy Stone HS210, flew the crap out of that and it really helped with direction and not panicking in sticky situations. I'm actually amazed at how much the drone improved my skill. They are basically bulletproof and you can fly them at the comfort of your own home. Crashing the drone is a lot less frustrating than crashing a plane you just finished building and In my opinion transferring the skill from the drone to a plane is not that difficult.

Anyways here is my mini mustang (1 of 2 built ) and the Goblin. Slightly better flight with the Goblin starts around 2:15 into the video.

Attachments

• IMG_20191107_183348.jpg
    IMG_20191107_183348.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20191107_183422.jpg
    IMG_20191107_183422.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

sundown57

Legendary member
Hello there,

I just wanted to share a couple of my favourite Flite Test planes that I have built and really enjoy flying (Goblin and Mini Mustang). I started with this hobby at the beginning of September and it's been an awesome but also extremely frustrating experience. Just a tip for us new guys that I have not seen posted anywhere before is a cheap mini drone i bought from Amazon. I bought the Holy Stone HS210, flew the crap out of that and it really helped with direction and not panicking in sticky situations. I'm actually amazed at how much the drone improved my skill. They are basically bulletproof and you can fly them at the comfort of your own home. Crashing the drone is a lot less frustrating than crashing a plane you just finished building and In my opinion transferring the skill from the drone to a plane is not that difficult.

Anyways here is my mini mustang (1 of 2 built ) and the Goblin. Slightly better flight with the Goblin starts around 2:15 into the video.

not bad at all. that's some very fast flying close to the ground. not easy to do at all. nice builds too. congrats

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Hello there,

Nice flying and landing! You've definitely got that need for speed! Well done and welcome to our Forum Family!