Noob to 3D printing

alan0043

I had my extruder messed up. The little idler pulley was off leading to underextrusion.

Hey SSgt,

I want to mention this to you. You might want to look at yours. On my Ender 3V2 the plastic arm on the extruder has a crack right around were the idler pully is. The only way I knew this, is because I was changing out my extruder to an all metal (aluminum) extruder. The crack is on the bottom side of the idler arm. My printer is less then 4 months old. And I have not printed much on it. I am still doing a lot of learning. I am a newbe at this stuff.

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I found the following video to be helpful. There was one thing in the video that the fellow didn't mention. On a Ender 3V2 you need to have your micro SD card in your printer to get your new E step numbers to be stored. I understand that he is working on an Ender 3. So there is a little difference in going thru the menu of a Ender 3 vs Ender3V2. I think you guys get the idea. ;)

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Hey SSgt,

I want to mention this to you. You might want to look at yours. On my Ender 3V2 the plastic arm on the extruder has a crack right around were the idler pully is. The only way I knew this, is because I was changing out my extruder to an all metal (aluminum) extruder. The crack is on the bottom side of the idler arm. My printer is less then 4 months old. And I have not printed much on it. I am still doing a lot of learning. I am a newbe at this stuff.
I have a knock off of your printer the Monoprice MP10+. I swapped my extruder for a dual gear all metal extruder.