Noob tricopter wiring question

igneous

I'm building my first multi rotor and I'm learning a ton, but there's one thing I just can't really seem to get. I'm starting my wiring harness, and I have a few questions.
1- Because the KK2 is forever out of stock, I decided to just pony up the money and invest in a Naza. Do I or do I not need a bec? Everything I've read on this is really ambiguous.
2- Every harness I see has leads to each motor, and sometimes one to the bec. How on earth is the receiver powered?

Thanks everyone!

Malcurin

I just setup my quad to a Bec, the bec plugs one side to the battery terminals, and the other side onto the receiver and powers everything from there, If you do use a Bec don't forget to remove the Power wires from the Speed controllers so everything isn't powered by more then one item, you will still need to provide power from the battery to the speed controllers, Just remove the Middle wire ( red wire) on the speed controllers where they plug into the Naza and that will let the Bec provide all the power for your Naza and receiver , Hope this helps

crlock

here

11695546166_ec73b7e7a0_o.png

Cheers

igneous

Yeah... glad I found this out before I bought the NAZA. You just saved me a lot of money. I assumed that Naza, being such a legit company would support that. So I'm back on the hunt for controllers. Any suggestions?

also to note: Naza does not support TRI layouts.

DDSFlyer

where are you located. I have an extra KK2.1 I can have preflashed with any FW you want I can sell you

ikem

Yeah... glad I found this out before I bought the NAZA. You just saved me a lot of money. I assumed that Naza, being such a legit company would support that. So I'm back on the hunt for controllers. Any suggestions?

Yea this is what they sent back when I asked.

Robert E. (DJI Technology)
Feb 24 12:51

This is not something we currently have in development or any plans for in the future.

Rob E.
DJI Technology,
Systems Administrator.

crlock

Thanks for this, it is super helpful. So according to this, you really don't need a BEC. right?
yep, my first builds had external BECs, but allong the way and with help from one of the guys here, i realized that i did'n need an external bec, because i already had 3 :p