Noob with deep pockets but short arms.

wrench797

Hey guys. I would love to get into FPV at some point once I actually learn to fly for more than about 30 seconds. I have been looking at the HK 900 Mhz systems beacuse.........well, because I am cheap.........and broke. The problem is finding a cheap set of goggles. Cheap 5,6,7,and 8 inch LCD screens are fairly plentiful on Ebay but I fear that in bright sunlinght they will get washed out. I saw the thread for building your own with ski goggles and an LCD but they look bulky and kind of heavy. Anyone ever seen or tried something like these http://www.ebay.com/itm/52-Portable...adio_Control_Control_Line&hash=item4ac9def854

IF they work, and IF they last, I think it would be kind of nice to be able to pop the screens into some sunglasses and fly and the pop them out for the drive home. Some pretty substantial IFs I know. Just looking to try FPV for as little monetary outlay as possible. Thoughts, ideas, coments, suggestions? Should I just save my pennies while I am learning to fly and get some fatsharks?

wrench797

Thats cool!! I wonder what it weighs though. Mounted on the transmitter it seems like it might be a bit cumbersome.

wrench797

Yes, I looked at those eagle. A tad out of my price range though unless I put a dollar in a jar every time I crash.......by the time I learn to fly I should have enough saved up to get those......or something even better at the rate I am going.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Last edited:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I meanz whats I saiz.

BTW, meaning to ask -- have you tried that thing on a windy day?

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
As windy as I fly in, which is pretty windy for some of my planes. The mount I have built to connect it on the Tx is pretty solid so there isn't much wiggle. I have been flying mostly planes lately, so far those are without any FPV gear so the hood hasn't had a truly hefty workout as yet.